By Anonymous - 05/04/2016 20:13 - Czech Republic - Prague

Today, I forgot an important book for school, because I dreamt that I was putting it in my bag. My brain somehow classified it as reality. This isn't the first time my dreams have trolled me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 194
You deserved it 2 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh I've done that many times as well. I once dreamed we had a new puppy when I was little and I remember waking up so upset because it wasn't real. I still remember what my dream puppy looked like. I've also turned my alarms off in the morning and fallen asleep instantly and dreamt I had gotten up and got ready for work which then of course made me run late. I'm a weird sleeper.

I once dreamed I woke up, did my morning rituals, packed my briefcase and filled up my travel mug. I then woke up with ten minutes to leave for work. I dashed out of the shower, grabbed my briefcase and coffee mug, and headed out the door. I discovered there was neither coffee in my mug, nor the paperwork I needed that day in my briefcase. I feel for you.

Comments

Man, I do shit like this all the time :/ I feel you op

Learn to differentiate between dreams and reality. Always double check everything before you walk out the door.

One time, I dreamed that I'd finally unlocked a character I was trying to unlock for weeks in a game, woke up, somehow thought it really happened and only realised that I mistook my dreams for reality like a complete dullard after turning the game on and playing for about 10 minutes.

I read in a study on dreams that if you dream about doing well in video games you'll perform better in real life because you "practiced" in your dream compared to those who don't dream about playing the games.

You can un-troll yourself by checking again before you leave the house in the future.

amileah13 26

I think what's happening is because it's on your mind, you go to sleep and then dream of you completing that task. Your brain is telling you "hey don't forget to do that" by showing you doing it, but you actually believe you've already done it therefore don't actually do it in reality. Brains can be awesome, but tricksters too!

This is exactly it, one of the functions of dreaming is to "practice" or play through possible situations, especially things you are worried about. OP was probably worried they would forget to bring the book, so dreamed about packing it.

Ihavegas 22

you're in a dream within a dream, dreaming about a dream, and the matrix has you, inception.

When my lazy ass doesn't want to get up and go to pee, I somehow dream that I'm in my bathroom and then wet my bed. You are not alone sometime dreams does feel real.

sp00derman 23

But what if you only dreamt you double checked?

dragoongirl90 34
SnowSakura 25

I just had a dream few night ago where I was having, or trying to have sex with my husband at my last job, even though I knew there are security cameras all over the place. I woke up panicking and wondering if my boss saw the footage or not.