By vacationless - 05/02/2013 19:35 - United States - Parkersburg

Today, I finished booking the non-refundable cruise for my wife and I to the Bahamas. I did this after confirming once again that my mother could take care of our son while we're away. An hour after I paid, she called back saying she mistook the dates and can't do it anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 134
You deserved it 2 657

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try and see if someone else will do it. the worse they could say is no

SexySlayer1248 18

I would feel like she did it on purpose

Comments

If you ask me she did you a favor.Last time I went there I puked a whole piece of pizza.My wife and kids won't stop calling me "Barfy"

So... Because you had a bad experience on a cruise all the sudden means everyone else will too?

12 - perhaps if you had chewed your food you would not have barfed a WHOLE slice of pizza. ;)

Have you thought about chewing your food, Garret?

ideasrule 13

Why don't you ask another relative? Failing that, why don't you get a babysitter? I know it might be expensive, but think about it this way: no matter what, you've already bought your cruise ticket. You're never getting that money back. Therefore, whatever you pay the babysitter is exactly the cost of your cruise.

OhDearBetrayal 25

I probably wouldn't like the idea of leaving my child in the care of someone I haven't been familiar with since birth. You can never be sure of what someone will do to your child when you're away. If I leave my kid with my mom, I know that she's going to care for them with her life. Plus, she raised me and I like how I turned out. I'm guessing OP feels the same way.

They hopefully have other relatives or family friends who can help. When I was a kid my mom and dad went on a trip and left us with neighbors--of course, that was in the 1970s when people KNEW their neighbors.

crazytwinsmom 25

Always get a back up just in case. She could have cancelled later if not now.

that's the problem with mothers, they suck!

That is a very general, and biased statement.

Ya, while some people would kill to see their's for 1 second. Thats probably the dumbest thing I've read on this FML.

When I read the coments it feels like many ppl here have serious problems with their parents.. Hope you guys clear stuff up and enjoy your family life. /2Cents (Pennies! Discontinued now in Canada, Lol. Round Down?) Maybe OP's mom is old and unfortunately got mixed up. OP just try and work something, hopefully your mom will be helpful.

Take him with you - they have babysitting for 2 and over.

She should have double checked her plans before she agreed...

Just tell her to remember this when its time to put her in a home

Isa_fml 20

maybe the cruise ship has babysitting or daycare or something?