By ??? - 26/01/2017 04:00

Today, I finally had the guts to tell my mom about her boyfriend hitting on me. Not only did she not care, but she got mad at me. I'm 15. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 772
You deserved it 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he keeps hitting on you and your mom keeps ignoring it and/or blaming you for him being a creepy asshole, go to your school's student counselor- they usually have training in how to deal with this type of home trouble. Or explain it to your friends and their parents and ask if you can couch surf until they break up or you can get your own place., but tell your mom which friend's house you're staying at for the night Good luck, hope things turn out.

Stormiesea 0

My best friend (We'll call her M) went through the same thing with her mom and her step-dad. For your saftey, please try to record him doing it and report it. With M he had told her he was in love with her since she was 13, qnd ended up trying to kiss her on her 18th birthday and when she told her mom she called the police and her Stepdad tried to attack her. Be safe, and please let us know how it goes.

Comments

A lot of parents deny and ignore that their child is being abused when the abuser is family or a loved one, unfortunately this story isn't uncommon at all. I'd suggest reaching out to an adult you trust at school or finding a local safe center for abuse victims before things with her boyfriend escalate. I realize it may be difficult to do this because you may fear this will strain your relationship with your mom but I promise you that you won't regret it in the long term. Good luck, I hope you find the help you need.❤️

Call CPS now. You're in a potentially dangerous situation, and you need to let a responsible adult know. Tell a teacher or counselor at your school too.

Seriously call cps if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself go to a school official. Pro tip: pack your own bags if you are removed. This isn't a joke I grew up in foster care and lost a lot of things allowing adults pack for me.

An adult sexually harassing a minor? That sounds like jail time to me

saffy66 34

Happens all too often unfortunately - the mother blaming the child for the father or stepfather harassing or molesting the child. Thank goodness OP is 15, not 5.

Okay, you need to address this quickly. Tell a teacher, a counselor, anyone who will listen, because this could very quickly turn into a sexual abuse situation. Remember this: -YOU are not wrong for being upset. -Your mother is wrong. It baffles me that women will put men they barely know over their CHILDREN. -Her boyfriend is wrong and is a pedo.

OP your mom is an appalling human being and I'm sorry you can't rely on her. Definitely report this, but as others have said, try to record it happening. Evidence will mean a much better chance of your mom being forced (possibly by police!) to fix this. Set up your phone, get a small hidden nanny cam, try not to be alone with him unless one of these is running. Good luck.

This is a worrying situation, this man's behaviour could easily escalate, especially now he knows your mum isn't going to stop it. Do you have grandparents or someone you trust you can stay with until your mother comes to her senses? You deserve a safe home environment, don't let this put you off speaking out and seeking help.

Nicky13Na 18

my father's best friend abused me from when I was 14 till 17. It started out with flirting but I was too scared to ask for help. by the time things got out of control nobody wanted to believe me. now the monster walks free somewhere and I dont know if he's moved on to another girl who's too scared to talk. dont let this happen to you. report him. record him and most of all make sure you are safe.

Go to your school's SRO (Student Resource Officer), and file a police report. Then, if it happens again, like he does something other than speak to you, all you have to do is call 911, and since there is already a report on file, they will have to take it into account. I'm not saying run away, but keep a bag of essential clothing ready, so if your mom gets super crazy, you can go to a friends' house. You should be the most important thing in her life, not her pos "boyfiend". If she does see the light and tries to talk to you about it, stay calm. But remember, you need to make sure you get what you need in terms of comfortable living. Make that police report, OP.