By boreed - 27/12/2010 05:37 - United States

Today, I finally got an unsightly mole on my face removed. While I was shaving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 018
You deserved it 4 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milakitty21 0

look at it this way... you saved a few $100s. I'd call it a win. ;)

Seriously, go to the doc's because 1/ could be cancerous 2/ removing moles like that disrupts cells and could lead to cancer 3/ disfiguration reasons. Just a suggestion.

Comments

Seriously, go to the doc's because 1/ could be cancerous 2/ removing moles like that disrupts cells and could lead to cancer 3/ disfiguration reasons. Just a suggestion.

plus if removing a mole is that easy, no one would have moles.

Wait...disrupts cells and could lead to cancer? What??! Oh please tell us your sources for this groundbreaking medical revelation. I had no idea that cutting skin can lead to cancer! Quick, alert the paper companies and tell them that paper cuts cause cancer! And call Ginsu and tell them their knives are carcinogenic! Mass panic shall ensue!!

thirdtesticle 0

I did this once and the mole never came back. LOL on the cancer thing.

42- I think he was implying that the mole could be a benign tumour and disrupting /those/ cells can lead to cancer. If anything, he wasn't wrong since disrupted cells is basically what cancer is.

Shadmed - no. Just no. Cutting benign cells in no way makes them cancerous. That takes DNA mutations. There is not one type of cell that turns into cancer by cutting or "disrupting". He was entirely, completely, 100%, wholly, and in all other ways wrong.

61- My bad, I wasn't clear enough. I never said the cutting itself was a problem, but leaving the cells exposed to another agents might cause problems. That's why moles should be removed with sterilized equipment by a professional, not by the bearer with a razor. Secondly, are you saying a tumour is not a ball of disrupted cells?

And yet you are not allowed to serve in the military in many countries if you have a large mole on your neck - uniforms' collars can cut it off, and thus have a risk for cancer ... in other countries, they just make you remove it with doctor's help. Cutting of moles can be cancerous ... you're exposing cancer cells to a new, uncontrolled environment. No guarantee that cancer will occur, but still happens more often than someone might think.

therealsuperman 0
therealsuperman 0

if you thought it was unsightly before...

paid2think 0

Hey look! It's the real Superman! Hi Superman!

Superman should be saving the world... so he's FAKE. Run along now, false alarm.

LightningLadyy 0

that's really messed up, but some of these comments are hella funny lol at least u won't have to worry about a mole anymore.

Shaders 0

I Guess you could say *puts on shades* It was a close shave YEAHHHHH!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :/