By Anonymous - 31/10/2015 05:10

Today, I finally got a promotion at work. Today I also found out that no matter how long I work, no matter how much effort and unpaid overtime I put in for 6 years, my coworkers will be convinced I only got promoted because I'm the CFO's son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 204
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Screw what others think. Congrats on your promotion.

People will always try to find a way to bring you down. Congrats on your promotion :)

Comments

thatonetribute 31

Who cares what they think? Congratulations!!!!

justanotherday7 7

Guess what buddy that's the truth

More to the point, he probably wouldn't have been hired in the first place without nepotism, thus he wouldn't have had a job to be promoted from.

No, it's not the truth. His coworkers are just jealous. Op worked hard for six years and got the job, end of story.

32 probably hit the nail on the head. At least he is not riding his dads coat tails, and is taking full advantage of this opportunity he was given.

Honestly, I would think that if I was your coworker too. As far as work ethics go, you shouldn't even be working at a company where your father is the CFO.

So you'd think like one of Op's jealous coworkers who can't understand the fact that no favoritism was involved in Op's promotion?

15, and the Nordstrom kids shouldn't either, or Ford, or any of the other family run, and passed down, businesses.

BstMode 14

if you've been there for 6 years and you're just getting a promotion they should realize that you're working your ass off to get where you are, if they don't, screw them, just worry about getting your money

Why do you care what other people think OP? You know the truth. You earned your promotion and deserve it.

Don't let your Co workers make you feel like you stuck between a rock and a hard place, you put in work, celebrate that promotion and continue climbing the ladder OP

That's not fair at all. however no matter what you did or do, they will always say that. It comes with the territory no matter what company or job title. Who cares what they think? they don't sign your checks or put food on your table. Just keep up the good work. And congratulations on your promotion!

They are just mad because you are better than them

Needs more detail. How much overtime do the coworkers put in? Is TS putting in overtime because he's less efficient than his coworkers so doesn't get his work done as quickly? Did his father being the CFO factor into him having the job in the first place?