By Anonymous - 11/03/2015 18:43 - United States

Today, I finally accepted I need help with my anxiety issues. I started small and I joined a support forum and wrote a post. I was quickly called a troll by multiple users, accused of faking it, and told to "fuck off back to Tumblr" because they wouldn't believe my anxiety is really so serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have also been diagnosed with anxiety. I found it helpful to talk to a counsellor, maybe you would too.

CurlyQute 17

I've been there before. Not the forum, but the anxiety.

Comments

jamescrazy96 17

Bless your heart! Try to talk to a therapist or someone who can help you!!!

OP, don't be hurt by those assholes; go to a different forum with people who will actually care and respect you. I wish you the best OP, remember to stay strong.

If I remember correctly, a while ago, I was diagnosed with anxiety, and the doctor prescribed the beautiful little awful tasting pills. They worked wonderfully and improved my mood all around until I had been taking them so long that my parents were convinced that the pills were no longer working and I didn't need them anymore.

A random Internet forum definetly wasn't a good place to start. It's good to find someplace you can trust where anonymous dicks can't make things worse.

Pretty sure any YDIs are a slip of the finger.

I'm so sorry that happened to you op! At the same time, anxiety can be a tricky thing because there are so many people (drama queens) that say they have it, or have panic attacks, when they've never been diagnosed and it doesn't actually affect their lives. I find that almost anyone you talk to says they have anxiety when in fact a lot of people don't have an anxiety condition, they have just had moments when they are anxious (which every human experiences at one time or another). I think that's why people tend to ignore or not believe others when they say they have it. Also, everybody's conditions seem to be "severe" even though many have never even been to a doctor or had anything rated or labeled as such.

Most people hit YDi for one of 4 reasons A. Badge hunting (which I think is the most common) B. Just to be an ass/troll by hitting it C. They find the most ridiculous reasons to say the OP actually deserves it, probably also to be a troll D. Pure accident

ninety 25

Granted, there are a lot of drama queens out there, but just because someone has not been diagnosed with anxiety does not mean they don't have it. And just because someone has been diagnosed with anxiety doesn't mean they actually have it, especially in today's world where most people refuse to take responsibility for the shit in their lives or make the necessary changes to reduce or eliminate whatever's causing them excessive stress and worry.

1dvs_bstd 41

The internet is a cesspool of ******* inconsiderate, insensitive, rude mofos, you should try to get help face to face.

why are they harassing you if they have the same problem???

1dvs_bstd 41
150493x 29

Maybe try talking it out with someone you trust, or like other people have suggested already, getting a professional to help would be the next port of call. Anxiety is an awful thing to go through and I hope you get the help to overcome it.

I have really severe anxiety myself, and I know how hard it is to finally accept it and get help for it. Go to a therapist, and try to get through without drugs if possible. don't let anyone tell you it's 'not real', 'all in your head' or 'just don't have anxiety, just get over it'. Good luck!!

If you do **** off back to tumblr, my url is the same as my user name here and i will gladly listen if you'd like to talk.