By Anonymous - 16/09/2015 02:02 - United Kingdom - Coventry

Today, I filled up my company car with my own debit card, instead of my fuel card. It was the last £40 I had for the month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 958
You deserved it 6 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't you just tell the company and they'll give it you back under expenses?

Keep the receipt and keep track of the mileage. You should be able to receive your money after letting them know about that error and proving it was for the company car.

Comments

Okay so why is my first question... They should reimburse you just present the card and receipt to your supervisor and you should get paid back if not that's a bit odd

Become a cyborg and use the fuel card to keep yourself running until payday!

Check with your friends or family and see if they can give you cash in exchange for using that fuel card for their car? It's worth a shot.

DMA0712 22

That probably won't work. Fuel cards are usually assigned to one car, especially if it's a company car.

If op is there that would work, unless they look for the time stamp. It's worth a shot.

OK... enlighten me a little here. If you have a job thats good enough (and highly ranked) enough to have a car and fuel card, how do you only have £40? I mean, you have an expenses paid for you (in fuel and general car running costs), and generally, that sort of deal from your company is a "bonus" on top of your wage/salary. And to get to that level, you generally earn a pretty good wage. Something doesn't compute...

Well, I know a guy who works for his family's business, and they pay for his car and all his gas, and he makes a good hourly wage, but he hardly ever shows up to work. He goes in late, leaves early, and books time off to go on various trips on a fairly regular basis. So in the end, he doesn't have that much money, despite having a good job and free gas, because he's not working as much as he should and he's wasting the money he does make on unnecessary things. And then he complains about not having enough money for rent. I would guess OP probably has a similar work ethic/ attitude and that's how they ended up broke halfway through the month despite most likely having a high paying job.

A person driving and fueling a company car could also be a delivery truck driver or a pizza guy etc, and those aren't high paying jobs.

noblis 5

Because it was a stupid mistake that could have easily been avoided.

corky1992 33

Because they're assholes who don't realize people DO make mistakes. Maybe he doesn't use the company card very often and out of habit pulled out his debit card? People are so quick to just make assumptions.

noblis 5

YDI. You don't make that big of a mistake if you know you have that little to get you by. You watch your bank account closely and pay attention to what you're doing.

middlenamefrank 8

The problem here is not the stupid mistake, we all make stupid mistakes from time to time. The problem here is a complete and utter lack of budgeting skills. Whatever your job, however much you make, you know you have to make it to the end of the month, every single month. Grow up and show some responsibility, and you'll have some funds to cover emergencies and mistakes.

bad_boyfriend 10

There is a such thing in the adult world as unexpected expenses. If he's anything like me saying"I only have $40 for the rest of the month" means "if I spend more than $40 more this month I am over my budget and spending my savings. You know...responsibility, moron

corky1992 33

Or maybe they do keep a budget, but don't get paid well enough? People who budget can still not have enough money to last the full month.