By Anonymous - 17/12/2009 07:25 - United States

Today, I felt like too much of a loser to go to a Christmas party, since I'd be the only one going without a date. I had to invent imaginary friends who were "coming into town for the holidays" to feel like less of a loser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 423
You deserved it 9 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People still think they need dates to go to parties? What happened to meeting people AT the party?

lotusflower007 0

oh honey, that's how you meet people. If your the only one, then that's okay. It's okay to be single. You can then network with all those people. The best way to meet people is through mutual friends.

Comments

you're just like Bridget Jones :) and she gets Darcy in the end...just show up next time looking like a sexy bitch, because the taken girls won't be bothered, you'll be the hottest woman there :)

lotusflower007 0

oh honey, that's how you meet people. If your the only one, then that's okay. It's okay to be single. You can then network with all those people. The best way to meet people is through mutual friends.

IwasntHere 0

Well, i can completely understand and know how it is like. Its not certain if you did it by youre own fault or not, but im sure you dont deserve that.

damnrosi 0

Maybe the OP is older, and her friends, family, and co-workers, are constantly getting on her back about still being single. Can't blame her for lying then. It must be terribly irritating having people constantly putting you down, and killing your self-esteem, under the false pretext of caring about you and your "happiness".

chedgefa 0

they may actually care, and just be being a bit insensitive. telling them could help.

Fuckimlazy 0

if you had gone for that party, you would have probably met some new people.. and who knows, maybe a future boyfriend? its because of this "oh i am single so i am a loser" attitude of yours that you are still single. you so totally deserve it.

You'll wind up completely alone if you have this attitude. Being single isn't the end of the world and which do you think will help you to find someone, staying in making up friends or going out with the ones you have wether or not they are in a relationship.