By Anonymous - 05/09/2016 13:32 - United States - Jacksonville

Today, I entered a raffle at a local fashion designer event; the prize was $400 credit at the store that was hosting it (which was just enough for one of their dresses). Good news: I won! Bad news: they don't carry a single thing above a women's size 5. I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 756
You deserved it 1 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I say turn that raffle into an auction, and get at least some of its value back in cash.

Are they a chain? You might be able to find your size online or at a different location. I mean, assuming there isn't a company-wide policy against anything above a size five.

Comments

Are they a chain? You might be able to find your size online or at a different location. I mean, assuming there isn't a company-wide policy against anything above a size five.

I say turn that raffle into an auction, and get at least some of its value back in cash.

Gift or sell it? Sorry op that is a bummer!

Well on the bright side, at least you won something!

Tsumetai_ 11

While it sucks you can't use the credit to buy their clothing, but what about accessories? They should sell stuff like jewelry, scarves, hats etc. maybe they have shoes too. I'm sure you could probably find something.

*OP walks into gym* "I'm hoping to get into shape. How much do you charge for membership?" "Uh, you already seem to be in shape; I don't think weight loss would help, but everyone could benef—" "Weight isn't the issue. Are there any exercises for losing… height?" "…"

Break your back. I lost an inch when I broke mine. Time and age will do it too but ain't nobody got time for that!

How weird is that? Even if you're very slim you might not be able to wear anything due to your body type e.g. broad shoulders, bigger breats, etc. I am curious what their answer was.

I'm all about re-selling things to make money. Or if there's no market for their gift cards, you could just use it to get some nice things and sell those on Ebay or Poshmark/Mercari.

"Excuse me, do you have this in a bigger size?" "Sorry, we only carry sizes 1, 3, and 5"