By Anonymous - 27/07/2009 09:38 - United States

Today, I drove six hours with a friend to see one of her favorite bands in concert. We were turned away at the door because the online site didn't say we had to be 21 to enter. I drove six hours back with nothing to show for it but an empty gas tank and useless tickets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 593
You deserved it 9 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why didn't you jus sell them to someone quickly?

gracieroxursox 3

I don't know if you noticed, but OP specified that there was nothing about the age restriction on the website...

Comments

As others are saying, if you're under 21 you should have called the venue and been sure that you would be able to get in. Not doing do is pretty irresponsible. Seeing as you were turned away, I'm guessing it might haveve been at a bar or somewhere similar. You should've scalped the tickets. It would at least be some gas money (which your friend was chipping in for, right? If we're talking 12 hours of driving, they'd damn well better be).

I didn't know there was an age limit to any concert (i know there is for buying alcohol but that has nothing to do with the actual concert)

Some shows are held in bars that require you to be 21 and up. It's not uncommon, but usually it's clarified on the site/tickets/fliers.

I think that sucks, because you'd think 18+ is fine for most concerts. But you had other options besides just driving back. You could've sold the tix there or pleaded with whomever could have let you in that looked sympathetic (a young girl, let's say) and explained your situation. Bribing might've worked, too.

In most states no one under 21 is permitted to enter a bar, so if the show was at a bar they surely couldn't have gotten in...My friend's band frequently plays at different bars and it is not indicated on the website that they are 21+ shows.

If you had told the bouncer or gotten the bouncer to find the manager/owner and told them you drove 6 hours to see the band and you promised not to drink they probably would have let you in.

"Promise not to drink?" I doubt that the owner would be willing to risk having his establishment shut down for knowingly letting in underage people (they don't have to be drinking for the place to get in trouble, just inside the bar). For all he/she knows, these two girls could be working with law enforcement, testing the bar. Besides, if they aren't going to be drinking, the owner won't be losing money by turning them away!

x_Leopard_x 1

You should have called if you are under 21. That stinks, though. :)

mrlucky4444 0

I know for a fact that that comment was posted just to piss people off. Or the person really is just an idiot. (#19)

@23: Oh okay. I totally couldn't have seen that for myself. We all appreciate you warning us of trolls; we almost fell for a trap there! All hail the watchdog! Shut up and go away.

Not your fault at all they should have put it on the site