By hales90 - 10/08/2014 13:31 - United States - Wenona

Today, I drove an hour to a friend's wedding. Realizing I was too early, I sat in my car at a gas station and watched The Office to kill time. I walked in to see the newly married couple escorting the last few rows out. I had been told the wrong time and the wedding was over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 702
You deserved it 6 314

hales90 tells us more.

hales90 13

It's kind of a long story behind the mix up. I previously moved, so the invitation never arrived at my new house. I confirmed I was coming, but since I never got the actual invitation, I asked one of my friends, a groomsmen, what time it started. Obviously I should've asked the bride or groom. I slipped in the back row and they never knew. I was too embarrassed to tell them the truth. I did bring a present though.

Top comments

Weddings are boring, The Office was honestly probably more entertaining. You've still got the reception, right?

At least you get to go to the reception! That's the fun part anyway ^_^

Comments

I have a feeling that might have been intentional OP :(

Then why invite OP in the first place? If you don't want someone at your wedding don't invite them. It's a waste of time for everyone if you do.

#16, So OP wouldn't get upset when they found out there was a wedding and they weren't invited? At least that way OP could think it was an accident.

#19, I'd rather not be invited to the wedding than be lied to about the time.

If that were the case--they would just say, "I did send you an invitation. Hmmm it must have gotten lost in the mail."

No, see, if you get there late, they might still get your gift. If you just never got invited, one less person to potentially give goodies to the couple. See? Greed explains everything in this hypothetical.

You got to skip the boring part and now you get to party, this isn't a FML... You got lucky!

cjwayy 22

Oh damn, I hope your friend isn't too pissed.

You have pleased the Lawnmower Gods with a worthy sacrifice.

Oh no, not again! Curse you butter fingers!

Honestly I'd prefer the Office to a wedding. Definitely if the person getting married told you the wrong time

I hope they didn't do that on purpose.... There's no point in inviting someone you don't want there lol

Wouldn't there be a wedding invitation that says the date and time? I highly doubt they'd print a special one for OP to spare his feelings. We need a follow-up, OP!

it's a good thing that you didn't take play a part in it

You were told the wrong time or you got the time wrong? Can't imagine the happy couple getting the time for their own wedding wrong (unless they didn't actually want you there, but then they would've given you an even later time so you missed the lot surely), and all the other guests a managed to get there. If I were you I should check my invitation.