By unlicensed - 01/08/2012 16:20 - United States - Charlotte

Today, I drove 45 minutes to take my full driver's test. At the end of the test, the instructor told me I'd done everything perfectly, but had failed before I left the parking lot. I didn't see the "one way" sign at the entrance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 189
You deserved it 9 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mhopper 13

That's pretty important! Just remember that for next time.

Comments

A7X_LoVeee 10

Hm interesting that he didn't say anything when you made the mistake. When I took my test, I was allowed a few errors but I suppose everywhere is different. Practice makes perfect!

Safety violation is different then a parking error or forgetting to signal. A safety violation is an automatic fail.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Ah okay that makes sense. Silly me :c

At least it was only an entrance and not an actual roadway with oncoming vehicles on it

unknown_user5566 26

I'm surprised s/he let you continue if you missed something that obvious. If I were the instructor, I would've stopped the test right then and there. What's the point of finishing if it's an automatic fail anyway?

unknown_user5566 26

Yeah that's true. Super lazy on their part, though. I think I'd be more annoyed at the fact that the instructor let me continue than actually failing if I were OP.

KiddNYC1O 20

I was told that touching the curb while parallel parking was an automatic fail but during my road test I touched it and the instructor let me proceed anyways. I also failed to signal once and was yielding incorrectly at an intersection to make a left turn. In the end, I passed.

unknown_user5566 26

I wonder if your mistakes are just considered less dangerous than missing traffic signs? All I know is I'm glad Arizona doesn't require parallel parking in our tests. I don't think I would've passed if they did!

TheDrifter 23

Here they're not allowed to give advice during the test, and unless you endanger someone's safety, they have to let you finish the test. Its to keep them from short fail scamming people when they're busy.

KiddNYC1O 20

I took my road test in my uncle's then Lincoln town car which made parallel parking a bit difficult due to its length. Is 3-point turn/broken u-turn required in Arizona?

unknown_user5566 26

44/72- Ah, good points indeed. I didn't think about either of those scenarios. 45- Yep! I had to do a 3 point turn in my test.

to make you feel you got your moneys worth? lol No they do that to correct all your mistakes for next time.

I wish more instructors failed people for violations like this rather than passing everyone. Maybe there would be fewer morons wreaking havoc on the roads.

Michael_92 20

I wish they knew how bad some of the kids drive. I watched someone pass 7 cars and a school bus in 1 take on a curvy road. The average speed that kids went on that road was around 80 mph. Its scary when you think the damage that could be done.

I remember when I took my drivers test; and a mistake like this would be impossible. They tell you from the start to "go right" or "go left." So of you turned the wrong way onto a one way street, it's the instructors fault. But hey, you live you learn :) better luck next time.

So you were driving the wrong way but yet the instructor didn't say anything till you were done?! Sketchy!!

Nevermind... Didn't read the entrance.. Haha my bad

But it was clearly marked behind that bush!

So you drove 45 minutes to go to the place to take the test? You do realize you broke the law by driving without a license, right?

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I'm pretty sure OP meant the test was 45 minutes long and that they drove with the instructor...

With a learner's permit, which is required before you can take the actual test, you are allowed to drive with a licensed adult so it's possible OP drove to the test with their parent or guardian as a passenger.

perdix 29

He was hoping you might do something on the test that might help him overlook your initial mistake. *looks around furtively* Hand job ;). It can't hurt and can only help.