By hopeyoushityourintestinesout - 08/06/2013 00:16 - United States - Everett

Today, I drove 2 hours to my sister's wedding, only to find out my invitation was sent to me by mistake. She had me kicked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 196
You deserved it 4 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's ridiculously low, especially for your sister... Unless there's some hidden beef you're not telling us about

Send her a present and be like, "oops I made a mistake" and take it back

Comments

Ouch what a bitchy thing to do.. I don't even understand how you "accidentally" mail something to someone's house... You go through the whole process of writing the persons name, address, etc..

She probably had someone else write out the invites.

yes, my Mother did all my invites... Also the problem could have occurred between the time they were sent and the time of the wedding

Steve95401 49

The family holiday dinners are going to be really interesting this year.

Clearly something must've happened between you two. Still, that effing blows. FYL

TheRandomIndian 17

Maybe OPs gay and some actually did blow.

There has to be more to the story than what we're told. They must have had a falling out at some stage for the sister to not want her brother at her wedding. Maybe the groom decided to send out an invite, and the bride didn't know about it.

No offense, but what must you have done to her to make her hate you that much? Your relationship must not have been that great to begin with, so why would you assume you were invited? Incidentally, I'm surprised that this somehow didn't come up when you RSVP'd. My theory: The bride hates you and didn't want you there under any circumstances, but someone else decided to steal an invitation and mail it to you anyway (probably a family member who thought your sisters reasons were inadequate) or someone saw that your name wasn't on the list and decided it must have been an oversight and added it. It's quite rare for the bride and groom to address and send all the invitations, and they usually get a lot of help from family members, so I can see how these things might have happened.

He probably assumed he was invited due to the invitation sent to his house..

How does your sister mistakenly invite you to her wedding? Some sister she is...

iammeorami 25

WTF? What kind of sister do you have. Hey, at least you don't have to give them money.

football98_fml 20

is that the same 'sister' who demanded $1000 from her sister in labor to take her to the hospital

OP... You only deserve it if your relationship with your sister has been awful. If that is not the case, then this is an unforgivable stunt she had pulled on you.

I'm pretty sure your sister kicked you out because she felt like it, you probably did something pretty bad to deserve that. I don't know what happened so I can only guess