By azmom - 27/03/2012 17:51 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I dropped off my 19 year old daughter at her first job. It's at a strip club. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 314
You deserved it 26 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anastasia1229 0

At least she has a job. Honest living at the end of the day. They pay taxes like the rest of us.

Comments

RoseTintMyWorld 8

Hey RoseTintMyWorld that's THE BEST SONG EVER from the Rocky Horror Picture Show....

spekledworf 18

^I liked your comment because of your profile pic

^ I thumbed down your comment because of your comment.

Using that reasoning, so are serial killers, priests and assistant coaches at major eastern universities. Fail.

Using that reasoning, so are serial killers, priests and assistant coaches at major eastern universities. Fail.

thenoobftw 3

I though they were just teasing toys for men's amusement.... You sir must be a genius.

Wait, are you comparing strippers to serial killers?

I disagree, no one gets upset when they hear about a dead stripper on the news, they just wonder to themselves if it were drug related or a serial killer. Strippers are just women who didn't get enough hugs from thier daddy.

Rawwrness 3
anarchistpunk 3

Morals or getting paid? Being a respectable person or being a ***** and making money? Hmm, which would you want to choose for Your child?

Getting paid, getting laid. It's all good.

Did you yell, "Now go shake those tittays!" as she leapt out of the car? You must be so proud.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Tough job market though. Strip clubs let you make your own hours and you are more or less consigning labor. It's an attractive job choice.

Llamacod 11

Op's mom= the strippers grandma, I don't think you need to bring her into it do you?

45, I agree. Shes doing the right thing by supporting her child. You don't have to approve of the job, you just have to be there for her and offer guidance where you can. Prudism is on display in the comments more so than the original story - plenty of people would be concerned about the career choice, but how you treat the situation says more about your character than anything.

riggens7522 0

you didn't have to give her a ride.

hawkey126 0

Assuming this was her first job, she probably didn't have a car nor money for gas.

craftyones 0

That all sounds good but I think u missed the point

If she didn't get a ride she would have found another way to get there (public transit, walking), that aren't as safe as getting dropped off.

if she's hot then she'll make Money, YEA!!! whats the address :)

#21 It's more about personality than attractiveness, or so I've heard. I once asked a stripper how much attractiveness mattered and she admitted that it wasn't the most deciding factor.

I dated a stripper. She told me to think of them as sales people. The ones that can sell their personalities sell dances.

#35 Exactly. It's a lot like retail. If you're likeable, you'll probably do well.

You don't even necessarily have to be likeable. You just need to know how to sell your personality to be desirable.

What I mean is that you can have a horrendous personality as a dancer. As long as you present it correctly. If you are a pushy bitch. You need to be able to sell pushy bitch. And so on.

#53 Ah, okay. That makes sense. :P I don't think I'd make it as a stripper, but I probably would at least try if I were single and not shy.

I hear you can have alot of fun with it of you have the right mind set. Like a costume party with a bunch of pervs.

desireev 17

63- You're absolutely correct! You CAN have alot of fun with it. But a dancer has to keep their mind strictly into professionalism. It is, indeed, about selling your personality, while keeping it clean and not selling yourself. Dancers have to remember that they're selling their personality, not theirselves. As long as a dancer keeps a positive attitude, kind words, and their eyes on the prize,(money), they will be very successful! It's a fun business to be in because you can be whoever you want to be! You can change your character every single night and always have fun with it. While making good money! :) But dancers have to keep that positive attitude, or they will fail at it!

299- "you must jiggle your **** with the utmost dignity and professionalism, carry yourself in the most ladylike fashion imaginable. You're not selling *yourself*, my dear- oh no. You're selling an opportunity for every horny scumbag in the room to see your nipple stars. Be clean and dignified while grinding your ass onto the hardened junk of that unshowered 45 year old man, and never-EVER forget your dignity. ;)

Says the one with her chest almost showing in her picture. Man are the ones that lose their dignity when they walk in there. They have to resort to giving money away, a lot of it, just to have a look at a woman. I would never strip but my friend does and she makes insane amounts of money.

don't look a gift horse in the mouth, at least she has a job