By jcarter25 - 12/05/2017 17:16

Today I discovered the source of the foul smell in my garage. My freezer shit the bed with 50 pounds of meat in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 066
You deserved it 667

jcarter25 tells us more.

I'm from southern Indiana in the US. When something ***** the bed it means something malfunctioned or something went horribly wrong. And, believe me, horrible is and understatement. I had to wear a respirator while I cleaned this up!

Top comments

not sure what "freezer shit the bed" means. so I'm just going to assume it stopped working & your meat spoiled

This is probably the weirdest sounding FML I have ever heard...

Comments

I ALSO am from southern Indiana, and I've NEVER heard this expression.

reymon8823 24

i live in Massachusetts and say this quite often... usually about cars (Ford's mostly)

I too am originally from southern indiana, I have used this phrase many times

Oh and for a little insight, when a person dies they usually evacuate their bowels, it is just a thing that happens, so when something dies or stops working, it is said that it "shit the bed"

I know what you went through. My garage freezer did the same thing last spring. I noticed on a hot spring day. My Easter turkey was lost. It was putrid.

spweezle 2

Shit the bed is common saying in the northern Midwest. It means something or someone failed totally.

that sucks, been there. stock up on bleach, a tyvek suit, some professional dessicant to soak up any fluids, some cheap air filter masks, and some peppermint oil. put on the suit, put on the facemask and some goggles, dab some peppermint oil on the mask to kill the smell. and good luck.

8313girl 28

I'm from Texas and I know what shit the bed means. Didn't think it'd be that hard to figure out but I shouldn't have been surprised dealing with some of the people on this site. Google is your friend and check out Urban Dictionary once in a while. Sorry about your fridge OP and all that delicious meat.