By maddie - 06/11/2013 05:06 - United States - Austin

Today, I discovered that the guy I've been seeing is a firm supporter of the Westboro Baptist Church. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 363
You deserved it 7 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone here will tell you to dump him now. Do NOT dump him. Those people are a special kind of insane, and you have a unique opportunity to find out why. And then you can sabotage the shit out of them.

Time to ditch him. You don't want him picketing anywhere ya!

Comments

You could always show him the true path of righteousness. The path that doesn't include all the hate and bitterness.

Could someone kindly explain what that even is?

Google. They're a religious cult bent on spreading the word of God through fear while being hateful and bitter at the same time.

Adree 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
NodakN8V 25

They're a special kind of stupid. They picket soldiers funerals, if a shooting happens for whatever reason according to them it's because god hates gays and lesbians. Basically everything that happens is because god hates everyone except them.

66 - To the best of my limited knowledge, that would only happen via ad views. AdBlock is a simple solution to that particular problem.

Thejackel79 9

Normally I wouldnt approve of adblock but for these guys I would make an acception.

I don't speak for everyone but I only AdBlock websites that use intrusive advertising (e.g. autoplay videos) and websites I'll never visit again. If I'm likely to use your website more than once and the ads aren't annoying, you'll never even know I have it installed.

the Westboro Baptist Church is an extremely religious cult they believe that everyone is going to hell if they don't follow the Bible exactly ... Kinda like the Catholics. however the Catholics don't pick it military in firefighter funerals saying that they deserve to die

rogwest 23

Bunch of super crazy idiots who all just need to be kicked in the nuts...

HisHarleyQuinn 14

When the record-breaking tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma last spring, they tried to picket the funerals of the children who were victims in the twister. They spouted some nonsense about how innocent children died because we as Oklahomans support a homosexual basketball player. Complete rubbish. Thankfully an army of bikers showed up to keep them at bay and I believe several of them spent the weekend in jail.

They're a bunch of ******* psycho nutjobs.

This is one instance where I think you definitely should not try to understand or accept his beliefs because you like him. **** that. Being a supporter of those evil, twisted hate-spewing monsters has given enough indication of what an evil, twisted, hate supporting asshole he is.

Please tell that when u say I've been seeing you mean I was eeing and now am no longer.

Yeah, it's a good idea to get right the hell away from him. Or you can do what #6 said and sabotage him in some way.

Even though these guys are a bit weird, a religion in general shouldn't be a motivation to break up with someone. Think before you write, people!

"A bit weird" doesn't even begin to cover it. It's not that they're religious. The problem is that they're downright hateful. (..I'm sure I'll be thumbeddown for this statement, but they're like the Nazis, only less violent) And quite frankly, I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone who supports what they do.

A religion as hateful and destructive as WBC is absolutely a reason to break up with someone. People can believe as they choose, but that's no reason to date a hateful, homophobic bigot.

like he said you shouldn't hate someone because of their religion. yeah he's homophobic, but it's because his religion outlines that. if you can get him to change his mind feel free, but you should like people for who they are, not their beliefs.

24 - You sound like someone unfamiliar with the WBC. That's okay. Put simply, they're a bunch of hate mongering pricks who go out of their way to enrage people so they can make news headlines and profit via lawsuits from each person they drive to violence and slander. Good examples of what they do include picketing the funerals of dead soldiers with signs like "Thank God for dead soldiers" and they even praised God on Twitter for sending the Boston Marathon Bombers. You're right in general. You shouldn't break up with someone because of their beliefs (unless those beliefs make you incompatible). The WBC, however, are a powerful exception to that.

I'm sire I'll get thumbed down for this but by definition, every religion is a cult. now I'm not defending them. they're a bunch of lowlife assholes, but what I'm trying to say is that every religion is, by definition, a cult #55

With your comparison to Nazis I think you meant to say, "an' frankly,"

a bit weird!? they are a ******* hate group

A bit weird? They protest at soldier's funerals and claim they deserved to die and are going to hell!!! That's not a bit weird, that is disturbing and indescribably depressing. Even if you or your religion don't agree with war, don't picket a person's funeral when their families are there mourning. That's just disgusting and disrespectful.

It's a cult lead by a group of brainless idiots that promote hate and fear.

You should join the Gay Pride house across the street as a supporter. See his reaction.