By Full Stomach Empty Wallet - 06/08/2015 10:50 - United States - Danvers

Today, I discovered that the five-star meal that my friend treated me to last night was actually meant to be repayment of the $200 I loaned her last month. I needed that money for bills and she refuses to give me another cent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 000
You deserved it 2 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedPillSucks 31

worse than that, even if it did cost $200, she would have only eaten $100th worth, so where is the rest of the money

Comments

Goblin182 26

Now you know better than to loan her money.

From my experience it's all about knowing who to lend money to and who will honor the loan and pay you back.

tantanpanda 26

No, that's just called not loaning money to anyone. That's what the bank's for and if you can't get a loan from them, that's too bad then.

delfino1604 24

beat the shit out of her. it's the only way. also reminder.. snitches get stitches.

I wanna beat the shit out of you for saying that

Oh yea well I want to comment your comment.

I'm pretty sure you can sue over this, I would.

Unless it was a written agreement, there cannot be any legal recourse taken. the weight of the word just doesn't hold anymore sad panda

5 star yelp, does not mean the same thing lol

When you loan someone money, assume you won't get it back.

never loan money to people unless ur 100% sure ull get it back

Better yet, dont loan out money you need. The person may be reliable, but that doesn't guarantee something wont happen. "here is your 100 dollars back. by the way, my car just broke down. can i borrow 200?"

ChopSuey444 20

#40 that's exactly what I was thinking. Yes it's a bad situation but it's silly to loan your bill money. Unless it was a sincere emergency, OP should have made sure their needs were taken care of.

clickme 17

Friend: ok here's the money I borrowed and I'll also dictate how you spend it. Unacceptable

People suck. Recently got screwed over by an (ex) friend. Checked 20 times that she was going to a concert with me (tickets were $90 after tax). A day before the show she tells me she's not allowed to go (she still needs her mom's permission despite being an adult). Refused to pay me for the ticket I bought for her saying she wouldn't have been able to pay me back for a while anyways (on top of another $25 she owed)...then posts on social media about getting a kitten... -.- OP I hope you're able to get the money together and that you dumped your "friend".