By murtato - 20/11/2016 00:40 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I discovered that the fire alarm in my building will go insane when I'm trying to cook chicken, but won't make a sound when my towels start actually burning on the radiator. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 064
You deserved it 1 083

murtato tells us more.

Oh, it was posted! Op here, my now ex put the towels on the radiator after showering. I can't describe how much I yelled at him after having to put it out. Safe to say I'm never letting him back in again!

Top comments

That's why you never buy a smoke detector from a vegan.

mermaidkeels 26

"My now ex", they were still dating when it happened...

Comments

Check the date on the detector. The smoke detectors do have a life expectancy on them

here in Australia the life-span is 10years...

Oh, it was posted! Op here, my now ex put the towels on the radiator after showering. I can't describe how much I yelled at him after having to put it out. Safe to say I'm never letting him back in again!

Why were you letting your ex shower at your place, to begin with...? Does he not own a bathroom at his own home? I mean I get that people sometimes stay friends with their ex's; I'm friends with one of my own. But I don't know if I would be willing to let mine use my shower.

mermaidkeels 26

"My now ex", they were still dating when it happened...

jnugzzz 6

Did you break up with him for putting the towels on the radiator or was this just a while ago?

Marcella1016 31

You yelled at him that much for making a mistake? I'd get it if he did it more than once, but if this was his first time and he genuinely didn't understand the danger, why go off like that? I'm originally from the South and had to learn a lot of things through experience once I moved up north. I would've hated for someone to yell at me that much for something I essentially did innocently. Sorry, OP, but it sounds like your now-ex dodged a bullet.

No, I broke up with him because he punched me in the nose last month, when I found out he cheated on me last Halloween.

That escalated quickly...good luck without this person! I hope the towels weren't your favourite towels! And what kind of radiator do you have, that lights towels on fire?

23, I believe the issue was that he almost set her house on fire. Personally, I would consider that a decent reason to yell at someone. Also, you claimed, "maybe he didn't realize the danger." It's common sense! You don't put flammable objects on top of objects that produce a lot of heat.

zeusdom 15

Sounds like you're a ****** idiot if you don't know you can't put flammable towels on a heater/radiator/etc. I'd have yelled at you too for making a dumb mistake like that at an adult age. Also op dodged the bullet by him being a cheating scumbag but glad to know you're so quick to assume you know everyone's circumstances jackass.

Plus they usually have a label that say not to cover them, at least in my country

jnugzzz 6

That's a very good reason to break up! Glad you're out of that situation now

I live in the UK too, I'm in my bathroom right now and there is a cloth on the radiator that's been there for months, and so far no fires...either your radiators are messed up, or you're actually talking about a space heater.

Yeah a radiator is meant to work on hot water. That shouldn't be hot enough to cause a fire.

My building had the same issue, I can cook bacon and not burn it, and it goes insane, but I can burn something in the oven and it doesn't do anything.

Ah yes, thanks to the new laws, we now have fire alarms that work in q way nobody understands. You can burn incents, no problem. They start ringing while nothing happens though.

kimiirenee 17

I hope that isn't why you broke up.

You hope that him punching her and cheating on her isn't the reason? Really