By fourfootnine - 07/03/2011 13:47 - United States

Today, I discovered that I'm short enough to be legally considered a midget. My daughter now wants to bring me to school for show and tell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 717
You deserved it 4 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

H3adFonHyStRiA 0

well don't disappoint the kid. you should dance around and sing a song too.

That's a little insensitive of your daughter. You'll feel better shortly, though there's a small chance I'm wrong.

Comments

krazy_glu3 0

I'm surprised I don't see a single person complaining tht OP said midget and not little person. thank god!!!!!

It's like how black people have "N word privileges".

No, it's not. Midget and Dwarf are technical terms for distinct reasons. It does not share the history of the N word at all.

That's a little insensitive of your daughter. You'll feel better shortly, though there's a small chance I'm wrong.

Mandarooo 7

It's not exactly "insensitive" of OP's daughter since she's not old enough to understand. If she still has show and tell, she's likely about four or five years old and doesn't know any better.

Trav72 5

97: Pretty sure Doc was just making puns. ;) And I counted three too haha.

Mandarooo 7

Yes, I saw the puns, thanks. The first comment was not one, though.

mintcar 9

I'm 5'8, I would seriously hate to be that short. FYL OP.

awardZu 0

I'm 6'2", and can't even imagine being that short... Though my wife is 5'1" and I pick on her all the time.

I love being 5ft, the joys of not having to duck to pass trees and open cupboards <3

Legally considered? Are there many midget laws out there? :)

cptmorgan15 2

I don't know if it's considered a law, but there is a height where a person is legally considered a midget. I wonder how they picked the height though. Hmm.

wtf that was in reply to the comment thread with 36 lol

I think you could find some way to benefit from that, e.g. Dwarf Tossing. Orrrrrrr... LARPing.

MRSladyFACE 0

Luckily, as a woman, it's more acceptable to be that short. Apparently lots of men find it attractive ;P I'm 4'11 and 22 years old, so I sympathize. I just wear four inch heels and no one seems to notice unless I take my shoes off.

That's not too much of an FML, or at least it won't be once your daughter gets a bit older... You'll never have to buy new clothes ever again.

Mandarooo 7

What? Being short does not mean you'll never have to buy new clothes again. Just because OP is short doesn't mean she'll never gain or lose weight. Plus, adults aren't supposed to continue to grow, so even if she was taller, it wouldn't make a difference. She would still have to buy new clothes.

MRSladyFACE 0

You should definitely go to your child's show and tell. Dressed as an oompa loompa. Top it off with song and dance.

RyanX92 0

can't you get money from the government for that or is it for dwarfs only?

Just think, your perfect size for bj's. I'm sure your hubby doesn't complain!! lol