By skyhigh - 13/01/2011 05:48 - United States

Today, I discovered my parents have spent my college fund because "2012 will happen" before I graduate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 737
You deserved it 3 314

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just remember, you get to pick their nursing home.

pay them back by burning their cars to ashes, "2012 will happen soon, we need too save money on gas so I can go to college."

Comments

FYLDeep 25

Tell them that you were planning on going to school to become an astronaut. That way when the world ends in 2012 you won't be there. Make sure they know that they blew your only hope for survival.

you don't go to school to "be an astronaut" you moron. you go to school for whatever degree you want and then you apply to be an astronaut and they accept you based on their need for your degree, among other things. I know this because I had an internship with NASA. how about you THINK before you say stupid shit...

GetaLifePlease 0

but 16 knows that if ops parents believed in 2012 they wouldn't know shit about degrees

SomePinkTape 0

that wouldn't work. the op still wouldn't have graduated before 2012, so the parents would still have spent the money.

FYLDeep 25

I was saying it based on #87's logic. Who knows about #95. Maybe close to year 2012 they will know exactly what destroys the Earth, and there will be some sort of advanced program where you can GTFO of this planet quicker, to try to save as many people as possible. Of course that's only if it's true.

82 only wanted to show off that she's been with NASA, knowing damn well that no one is truly interested in how one gets into NASA... no one gives a shit, lady. Think before you try & show your ass... his comment didn't even warrant being called a "moron".

#82 - Let me guess, NASA didn't turn your internship into a full-time position due to your tendency to over-react and flip out inappropriately at people who were just making a joke?

stupid glasses and self photography... you don't really look like nasa material ... i might be wrong thou..

Kill them on December 21st, 2012 to make the fact that your college fund is gone significant. Otherwise, there's nothing to show for it.

kill them and say "I wanted to make sure u died quickly" just kidding don't do that :D

The world was supposed to end at least five times since 1999. FYL for retarded parents who probably bought into Y2K as well.

sourgirl101 28

I knew crazies that buried canned goods in their back yards before the Y2K scare.

EvilDave 13

Just as an FYI, Y2K was not a scare. Thousands of computer programmers and operations staff worked for several years to make sure there were no major disruptions for Y2K. If they had not done so, then all kinds of bad things would have happened. Y2K was prevented by computer geeks.

Dave - That may be so, but the "scare" if you will still led right up to New Year's Eve, 1999. Everyone was still freaking out that day and wondering if we'd all die and be taken over by computers, etc. In retrospect, it's plausible... but then I'd have to ask you for proof.

I don't see what makes 2012 significant from all the other end of the world claims. 2012 has no evidence, only a claim that the Mayans predicted it. Y2K actually had a base of plausible reason.

But nothing really would have happened with Y2K bug. It's not like planes were going to go "oh, I shouldn't exist yet" and drop out of the sky. And anyway, the Mayans never predicted that 2012 would be the end of the world, people took the end of the Mayan calender as the end of the world for no reason.

what is with all of these family members that piss away their kids college tuition????

visage 0

I'm sure some are legit... Use it, or go lose the house. On the flip side, some parents are just plain f'n stupid!

how about kids earn scholarships and apply for loans to pay for college instead of waiting around for mommy and daddy to pay for everything?

Who said the OP hadn't contributed to the fund? And most parents at least TRY to help with college cuz it's SOOOOO expensive. I HATE asking my parents for help with anything, with the exception of college. That I would like some help with, and if they can help me next year they will. It's perfectly acceptable for OP to be upset about their parents spending their college fund. It's something not that OP just expected, but something that was PROMISED. Big difference between expecting "mommy and daddy to pay for everything" and mom and dad saying they will help, and then not helping.

TheDrifter 23

It's the global warming, we're all gonna die. Now let me go back to melting my ice cubes and waiting for the cup to overflow. One of these times I will prove the green movement right.

/facepalm. What about all of the ice ABOVE sea level, genius?

Ice has a lower density than water. Therefore, an ice cube takes up more space than the same mass of water. The difference is exactly equal to the ice that remains above the surface. The result is that when you melt floating ice, the water level remains the same.

GetaLifePlease 0

I think Kira is gonna kill all of us

maybe you shouldn't have such hicks for parents... ******* rednecks piss me off...

You know, I thought about not responding to you, but what in this FML makes you think that the parents are hicks or rednecks? Is it purely because it is from Texas?

Maaan, this opens up a world of opportunities for a counter!

here's what you do: •go around house picking up everything that belongs to your parents •put it in a trash bag and burn it •tell your parents you didn't need it because it would be rendered useless at 2012 •run •come back on "end of world" day and bring friends •throw a huge 'told ya so' party they probably won't bug the next time a stupid superstition is rumoured

EvilDave 13

No, don't burn it. Sell it on Ebay to build a new college fund.

whos money are they spending? if it was money you saved up yourself for college and gave it to them to hold for you (assuming you began saving before adulthood) that is not fair. if it is their money, while it may not seem like a very good reason, they have the right to spend their own money as they see fit. while many parents plan on trying to save money for their child's education, it is not a requirment. they are not actually obligated to pay for your college education. if you are already in school and made plans based on having those funds, yes the timing of everything sucks. but if you are not in school yet, you will just have to do what so many people do and plan on finding a way to finance your own education. massive amounts of people make it through school own their own. it is not easy, but can be done.

EvilDave 13

You fail. It is not "it doesn't seem like a very good reason" it is a very bad reason. OP's parents are stupid.

41 was trying to be smart, but it did not turn out very well.

Yeah sorry 41 can't agree with you on this one... I think you're really not fully taking into consideration how stupid his parents are being