By technologyfail - 26/08/2009 06:18 - United States

Today, I discovered a bunch of emails from my old account that weren't forwarded to my new one. Because of this, I missed a job offer and all the emails from my long distance boyfriend asking if he could visit. I still don't have a job and I broke up with him because he "failed to communicate." FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 932
You deserved it 51 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This sounds more like an FML for your boyfriend. "Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because I 'failed to communicate'. Turns out I was sending my e-mails to her old e-mail account and she never bothered to look. FML"

asdfghjklfmylife 0

awww that sucks ! talk to your ex

Comments

djb23 0

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment.

who communicates via email these days?

sometimes things glitch. not her fault.

julian1179 0

Today, my girlfriend called me, I was excited since I had just moved away and she want answering all my e-mails, she called to break up with me because I 'Failed to communicate' with her, FML

i think you meant; Too many negative votes, comment buried. Click to read the comment.

asdfghjklfmylife 0

awww that sucks ! talk to your ex

heavenandhell 0

no she shouldent talk to him. she deserves it for breaking up with him. She dident communicate the fact that she hasent been getting emails from his (ask whats up). She is a hypocrite.

On the other hand, there's this wonderful new invention called the telephone. Even assuming that OP or her ex are among the few people left without facebook/myspace/twitter, etc, they should been communicating through phone. if you aren't getting emails, unless you were expecting them, how would you know to say you aren't getting them? I can't figure out if its an FML or YDI. It has a bit of both. Technology isn't infallible, OP. Either check your old account now and again or give people the new one.

Why wouldn't she even tell him she had a new account though? Why wouldn't she tell anyone? (Assuming she thought "Oh! I'll just put down my old one and they'll all forward automatically so it doesn't matter!") That's what makes it a YDI.

lendmeyourteeth 0

Totally agree. Why wouldn't you think to check it? You are so dumb.

This sounds more like an FML for your boyfriend. "Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because I 'failed to communicate'. Turns out I was sending my e-mails to her old e-mail account and she never bothered to look. FML"

these "reverse FMLs" are really starting to get on my nuts

This time the reverse FML is not funny at all. It's tragically sad, actually. Some of them can be quite funny -- ones from an inanimate object's point of view come to mind.

idratherbewrestl 0

Boo! The op deserves it... I hate whiny fmls especially when its the ops fault... I miss the oldschool fmls... good job fml staff for making this a bitchy site,and for the moderators too

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

reminds of the guy whose girlfriend didnt remember he was backpacking in europe for 2 weeks, and broke up with him because he didnt respond to her emails: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCrWhNEVzzk also, YDI for either not giving your ex a chance to explain, or not believing him.

YDI for not updating potential employers of your info and how was this communication issue not brought up prior to the break up? bogus!

hey at least you didn't get all the spam from the old account =) jk YDI for not checking the old account for so long and for not knowing how to properly set the mail forwarding up

mo_the_owl 0

ydi for being a ******* idiot and not wondering if he tried to get in touch with you. way to think.

YDI. At least your bf is better off :)

sonasonic 34

Agreed. YDI OP, I hope your ex has a much more caring and understanding partner. Whiney assholes everywhere.