By EyesofStone - 01/06/2016 01:03 - United States

Today, I decided to work on my social anxiety by ordering some food. I waited in line, practicing my order in my head all the way. When I got to the front, I said my order with no mistakes. The cashier just stared blankly at me until I mumbled, "Never mind..." and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 175
You deserved it 1 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww. I know it's really difficult to do something like that with social anxiety. Keep at it! You can do it. You should be proud of yourself for trying and getting that far!

Hey, you still went up and talked to the guy? That's something to be pretty proud of in my opinion, congrats OP

Comments

You should be proud, OP! You accomplished something that many others with social anxiety could not. I hope for the best for you. :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You should get a nice, tasty glass full of bleach for being a *******. Anxiety is tough. Go **** yourself.

I'd tell you to say that to my face but you'd probably mumble it and have a staring contest with the floor.

You should get a trophy for being an Internet tough guy. So edgy, bro.

Pfffft yeah cause posting rude comments on the internet anonymously really sets you apart as a superior individual.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I tried Jesus, and two prayer pills a day for the rest of my life was ridiculous. No thank you. Satan only requires one pentagram a week.

I understand how bad anxiety can be, OP. I suffer horribly with GAD. Even though it may not have gone to plan, you still managed to get yourself outside, into a public place and say your order with no mistakes. That's fantastic, OP, you should be incredibly proud of yourself. Baby steps. All the best to you.

Aw, I know how you feel. I'm in high school and when I was a freshman I couldn't even muster up the courage to talk to anyone in class, I felt out of place and when the teacher called on me I didn't know what to say and felt like an idiot. But when I was a sophomore, things got better, met some friends I felt comfortable with and I gathered some courage to have some great conversations with people. Don't be scared, it will only hold you back. I have faith in you! :)

I'm sorry. I know what having social anxiety is like

Jachin357 28

Dont sweat if OP! You did great! You went up there and gave it your best shot. It was the one behind the counters fault for staring at you like a fish in a tank.

In HS my brother gave me good advice that went something like this. "99% of people are too busy with their own lives to think about you at all and if they think about you it's less than a minute anyway, so why panic, just live and be yourself." Of course, easier said than done. But bravo for trying and please keep on trying.

Next time you could say, "Aaaand that's it. Thanks!"

Way to go, OP!! Congrats on getting that far! Keep up the good work!