By Anonymous - 10/01/2011 19:06 - Denmark

Today, I decided to try a self-tanning lotion my friend had recommended. I put it on, and decided to take a nap. I woke up later and checked myself in the mirror, expecting to see a new, more tanned version of myself. I didn't. I'm now orange. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 583
You deserved it 39 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There is nothing wrong with being pale! I'd rather be white as snow than look like a leather handbag!

You should do the same with hairdye. Apply it, go to sleep, wake up hours later and discover your green hair. You'll look like a walking carrot!

Comments

You should do the same with hairdye. Apply it, go to sleep, wake up hours later and discover your green hair. You'll look like a walking carrot!

YDI for tanning. Enjoy your melanoma, jackass!

cradle6 13

Wow, what an ignorant comment. 1. The girl wasnt even tanning, she used a sunless tanning lotion. 2. Human beings are meant to be in the sun, what do you think our ancient ancestors did? Hid under a tree their entire lives? Also vitamin D is essential to our lives, and even helps "cancel out" the negative affects of the sun.

Ancient humans also lived to be 35 or 40 years old. Fortunately for us MODERN humans, we have something that the ancient humans didn't have - medical science. We know that a lot of things that used to be thought of as beneficial aren't that good for you after all. Unfortunately for you, your comment is even more ignorant than mrahhhhh's.

RedPillSucks 31

Usually, when you're dying because you got trampled by a mammoth, or because you got an infection from some small cut that didn't heal, you don't worry about sun exposure. It wasn't until lifespans started getting above the half century mark that people started being concerned about stuff like cancer.

dont forget the sun gives us Vit D which we need to be happy

kofinater 3

Well, ancient Humans did originate in Africa so they likely had dark skin like my self to protect from the sun. the op is from Denmark and is probably fair skinned because for her more recent ancestors' pale skin would be advantages for the cold, sun deprived climate.

Oh man, I made a mistake bad... "embarrased" Sorry OP, but still, being tan is not as beautiful as you would think. Despite all the shows that portray us as evenly tanned supermodels, I can tell you that even here in Southern California, those with tans are seen as douchebags, idiots or both. And we got fat people too. Tans just aren't that great.

I don't know why anyone isn't just saying this.. Melanoma is caused by the suns rays. Not by lotion. Also, I have been tanning recently and have yet to be diagnosed with Skin Cancer.

WTF? I have visited California many times and no one ever talks about tan people being douche's, or idiots. That is so judgmental, rude, and untrue.

cradle6 13

Just go outside for 15 minutes each side a day. Not that hard

SmallTownCutie 0
cradle6 13

Takes consistency. You can't do it for a week and give up.

SmallTownCutie 0

I was out all summer. It depends on the person. I don't tan well.

Ninjafriends 1

The only way to fix this problem is to draw some black stripes on yourself and start your new life as a tiger.

You missed a spot on your back. Its in the shape of a toilet plunger.

iluvfmls456 0

No shit what did you think would happen?

Snooki!! :P You should go to the Jersey Shore where you'll blend in with all the other orange people. :P

Orange you glad she didn't say Banana? But, seriously, self-confidence doesn't come in the form of a rub-on tan. You either got it or you want it. Can't buy it.