By FMeeee - 16/06/2014 18:50 - Portugal - Aveiro

Today, I decided to tell my family, including my husband, that I'm pregnant. Their reaction was basically a "meh" before returning to watching the World Cup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 436
You deserved it 9 794

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Superwholock86 6

Probably not the best timing.

Looks like your husband scored the first goal.

Comments

The world cup!Just a tad more important.Ah im only joking but this seems like those made up FMLs as obviously they wouldnt just go "meh".Downvote me if you like but domeone has to say it

nothing is more important than the world cup

actually, everything is more important than the world cup if its on tv. you can just record it, or pause it.

Well overall that does suck...probably wouldn't have told them all at the same time though. Isn't that a bit odd? I mean, even if you know your husband will definitely be happy about it, you still took his opportunity to tell them with you...

agreed. I would find it very odd to tell the father or later than anybody else. I did have a friend tell me she thought she might be before her husband but she wasn't sure.

skyttlz 32

My boyfriend said he wouldn't want to know unless it was for sure. He said he wouldn't want me to tell him I "might be" pregnant because it would make him worry for no reason if I wasn't. So if I have a feeling something is up then I'd tell a girl friend if I "might be".

73- the FML wasnt a "might be" pregnant, it was full blown got err done

I would unplug the tv no matter how mad they'd get about it. Your pregnancy is more important.

and cause it is more important that gives you the right to be an arsehole about telling everyone. Cause there is no way you could possibly wait at most 45 minutes for half time or the end of the match to tell them?

and cause it is more important that means you have the right to be a complete arsehole about telling everyone. I suppose the idea of waiting half an hour or so until they aren't engrossed in something they're enjoying isn't something you would even contemplate doing.

18 although i agree with your moral intentions, acting like that makes you look like a bitch and then no one would wanna give you any attention at all

rocker_chick23 27

That would have been really rude of OP to do. She could have waited for a commercial or the end of the game to tell them.

and then their team lost miserably. go Germany!

You think that's disappointing, Portugal got hammered 4-0!!

Reminds me of an old carpenter pick up line. "hey baby let's go get hammered, then after, let me nail you all night." *disclaimer* This line is more likely to get you laid out than laid.

Aww, well congrats on the baby OP!

Well congrats on the pregnancy at least. When the baby is born, you should totally ignore your family and pay more attention to the baby. That'll show them.

Siettadulce 21

Either way, congratulations on your pregnancy OP!