By sadguy - 22/09/2009 18:30 - Czech Republic

Today, I decided to propose to my girlfriend on the Charles Bridge in Prague. A little boy thought it would be fun to chase a flock of pigeons towards me. I freaked out and dropped the 2 carat diamond ring. Into the river. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 744
You deserved it 10 979

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have thrown that little bastard in after it.

You let pigeons scare you ... You could kill an infinite amount of pigeons if you were to fight them. Next time, go down heroically. There will be statues with your demeanor biting off pigeons their heads.

Comments

Wow that sucks so much! I would be SO mad at that kid. PS#13... obviously the guy was nervous in the first place.

ToddSpald 0
morgan020 0

maybe you should have planned ahead just in case and tied a string to it since you were on a bridge :) hope she said yes anyways.

That really sucks. :( Hopefully you either had it insured, or you bought it with a credit card that will cover loss/theft. Hopefully you can get most/all of the money back. Did your girlfriend say yes?

franfran_fml 0

Dude, being attacked my birds isn't fun. Pigeons become less scared of humans, and they can attack. You know that they can easily claw your eyes out and scratch and peck at you. So don't talk about his man hood in that manner, 'cause truthfully, when animals are scared they can become very aggressive and dangerous. So insulting the OP gets you nowhere, and I hope everyone thinks you're a huge pussy when you get attacked by a flock of pigeons and can't fight back.

Dude, get yourself a metal detector and dive into that pond and dig for that mofo. If water police can find a 6 shooter in a river, you should be able to find a ring if you're careful. Good luck

[double post] - Please delete mods. Thanks

lyfesukz 0

that really sucks but YDI for being afraid of pigeions

Should've clocked the little brat for ruining such an important moment. Hire divers to locate your ring, and do it fast. With luck, they'll be able to recover it. It was an accident on your end, your girlfriend will understand. Or I guess it should be fiancee now, if she said yes despite the absence of ring.