By Anonymous - 29/05/2016 15:15 - Denmark

Today, I decided to make the switch from pads to tampons. My boyfriend ended up having to show me how to apply them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 267
You deserved it 3 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AviKerensky 17

At least he knew. Saved you from an awkward conversation with your mother or your best female friend. I'd keep him around, for sure.

Comments

True love - teaching your girlfriend how to use tampons (Or maybe he just enjoys putting things in your ******.)

You should be happy that he helped you and didn't just make you figure it out yourself!! Sounds like you got yourself a great guy

Good on him for knowing, but why would you switch without at least making sure you knew how to use them?

Much like everything in life you have to learn how to use tampons. This involves trial and error because even with an instruction manual those little bastards can be hard to use. Presumably there is a male equivalent such as penis care where one has to be taught how to properly clean it.

using tampons for the first time is all about trial and error. a lot of times the girl is nervous or tense which makes her muscles clench and makes it more difficult or she can't find the right spot or she doesn't insert it to the correct depth. these all make it uncomfortable.

Not really, unless you count a cath tube, but that is something different.

I thought with foreskin there was some extra cleaning regime? Regardless, my point stands.

She is likely not his first girlfriend you know...

OnlySkyrimStays 11

Might not be his first girlfriend, or his mother isn't around and he has younger sisters.

you should've read the instructions on the box, but if he taught you with patience i think he is good man.

That's a very strong/comfortable relationship you have there. ^_^

If you don't use tampons yet you're too young to have a boyfriend.

ourtneyc 14

you know not everyone has to use tampons right you can be older and use pads only like what are you even saying lol

My mom is 45 years old and has been married for 24 years. She's never used tampons. I'll tell her that her marriage is a sham.

corky1992 33

I didn't use them until I was like 22. You'd be surprised how many people either don't use them or wait.

#23 I, like a very small percentage of women in the entire world, have a medical condition where a thin layer of skin that usually dissolves when a girl reaches the age of about 10-12, where that layer didn't dissolve so now whenever I attempt to wear a tampon, it hurts extremely bad. There's a small hole in the later where my menstrual blood comes out of but I can't really fine it without a light and I'm not that flexible haha. So when I had sex for the first time I bled. Now, I could probably wear tampons but before I definitely couldn't. Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm an adult. Tampons aren't for everyone.

Seriously? Not necessarily I didn't start using tampons until I was 23 years old and that's a personal preference not cause I was too young to use tampons.

MallowMistress 13

I'm 19, never used tampons. As with my 44 year old mother. I never plan to use them, cause the thought just terrifies me.

same 52, my mom is 51 used pads and taught my sister and I to use them too

I'm 23 and never use tampons. Always hated them. So I used pads. (Used meaning I don't get my period due to my birth control)

This is complete bullshit. I'm 20 years old and use pads only. Tried tampons and I hated them.

With or without applicator is the question here....

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I personally don't recall ever being taught in health class how to insert a tampon. Sure, we were informed of the options but that's about it.

Things they don't even like to mention in the sexual health classes around here. I was taught the only answer was abstinence and that anything else would send me to hell. This is why I vote against abstinence only education. The end result is certain things don't get taught when they could be really helpful.

zeffra13 31

I know most schools' health class don't cover how to insert a tampon, but #28's point is that they should. It's daily-life useful for about half the population.

for everyone talking about the instructions on the box they are really hard to follow will for me