By parisite - 01/10/2010 08:35 - France

Today, I decided to get some exercise for the first time in months. I went to the store and bought a brand new bicycle and all the necessary paraphernalia. I drove a half hour to a bike trail, unloaded the bike, and started riding. 10 feet later, the chain snapped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 159
You deserved it 4 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

at least it wasnt "i was riding a bike and my chain snapped right before a was able to stop at a cliff"

1. Disassemble your bike. 2. Reattach the handlebars to a wheel and screw the pedals to the wheel nuts. 3. Become "Boskov the Unicycle Master of the World". 4. Get a circus contract. 5. Use the money to buy yourself your own gym and hire a personal trainer. 6. Now become Boskov the strongest man alive. 7. Eat your unicycle to simultaneously become the toughest man alive. 8. Buy a condo in Florida and live happily ever after.

Comments

this is what people get for buying the cheapest peice of shit in the store, price does matter to an extent. maybe buy from a local owned store next time?

Schizomaniac 24
bugmenotmofo 34

Why do you go to a "bike trail" to go biking? Just start at your home, go for 5 km for starters and then return home. Firstly, you don't need to waste fuel by driving half an hour to a "bike trail". Secondly, you're only a few minutes away from home and some tools to fix the chain.

RedPillSucks 31

Maybe they live in a busy city, or some area where its unsafe to ride on the road. Where I live is like that. People drive crazy.

couldn't agree more. I thought the same thing instantly.

if you had bought all the necessary gear, fixing a snapped chain should not be a problem

RedPillSucks 31

Well, he said he bought all the necessary paraphernalia. Maybe he meant drug paraphernalia. So when the chain snaps, you light up and then you dont care any more about the stinking chain.

FTC_Socialist 3

#64 wins the thread. No one else need comment.

agreed, all the required paraphernalia should include a chain tool and spare links.

at least you have done some exercise.

at least u didn't die. u had the time to write this fml~

FrEsHpRiNcE916 0

you should bought it at sears from me! lol

10 ******* feet. walk back to ur car u lazy ****. drive to a bike repair shop wait 2 min and start riding ur bike again this is not an fml more like a pathetic blog

yea dude hit up the gym next time, itd probably be cheaper! but props for trying!!

Wow, cheap bike much? I'd take it straight back to the store. No way your chain should snap on the first time out unless it was maybe put together wrong...