By caroline - 29/10/2015 20:02 - Germany

Today, I decided it was time to have "the talk" with my daughter, after I found a thong in the washing machine. She denied it was hers and pointed out how it was too big to fit her. I ended up having a very different talk with my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 328
You deserved it 2 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, so was it your sons or a girlfriend of your sons?

Either way it's not really a big deal. Just underwear. Doesn't even mean he's gay, but really, so what if it did? he'd still he the same person you love.

Comments

Either way it's not really a big deal. Just underwear. Doesn't even mean he's gay, but really, so what if it did? he'd still he the same person you love.

Shadowvoid 33

Or maybe he's just really good at getting the ladies. Maybe he has the perfect hair, and that perfect smile. He has a perfect sense of humor and wow, I really need to get a life. Arguing for someone I don't know on the Internet.

joeyl2008 29

Supposedly cross dressing is more common amoung straights than gays.

Supposedly? What straight man would admit to that?

dannidoll93 24

What had being gay got to do with anything? People can be transvestites without being gay.

What you wear has nothing to do with your sexuality or your gender, and we don't use the word transvestite anymore, we say cross-dresser

well assuming someone is gay because of their manner of dress is pretty common. In fact that's usually the first thing people think when they think of cross dressers, like I said, it doesn't mean he is.

Even if they did belong to your daughter, why does preferring thongs imply that she's sexually active and needs 'the talk.' I'm all for parents talking to their children about the birds and the bees, but it should be initiated because it's a necessary talk, not because in their choice of underwear.

Agreed. I wasn't having sex when I switched to thongs. They were much more comfy than the ones parents were buying me.

Birds cameo it we can do it lets stop talking lets get to it lets fall in love footy know what that's the theme song to

Maybe she was very young (too young for thongs in ops opinion)? I thought the same though. It's just underwear, not a condom or something.

The secret life of the American teenager lol

I agree. The main reason a lot of people wear thongs is because they don't want panty lines, I don't see why the automatic assumption is that she's trying to have sex

The dead giveaway should have been the elephant trunk... unless there wasn't one.

The elephant trunk? Explain please

It's where guys put their dicks when they wear thongs. It looks like an elephant.

Thanks 76. You mean it leaves a stretched place, even after the thong is off?

Yes! Talk to him, as any parent should. If that were my son, I would sit him down and have a very long talk about the importance of being comfortable and point him to the cotton ones... unless he prefers a different material. In that case, more power to him. I personally can't stand most since they just feel like permanent wedgies.

If they feel like permanent wedgies, you need to go a size up.

Could be another girls thong that the son left lying around, so doesn't mean he's wearing it

I think he is wearing them. I can only assume this from OP saying that she had a "very different talk" with her son.

whatunicorn 17

Plot twist! Whether he was wearing them or had a girl over be supportive! Don't be that parent that kids can never feel comfortable being themselves in front of.

ShirtlessWonder 17
swimthenread27 19

How does your daughter wearing a thong indicate her being sexually active? Also, your son should be able to wear thongs if he wants to and you shouldn't ridicule him.

usnwife 18

I only took it to mean that she realized her daughter was growing up enough it was probably time for the talk, not that she thought her daughter was sexually active... arent you supposed to talk to kids BEFORE they are sexually active anyway? So seeing "mature" underwear could have been the moment OP realized her daughter was growing up and she needed to talk to her before it was too late...

You found it in the wash machine- sounds like the sock monster tossed it back, relax