By Anonymous - 20/03/2009 21:03 - United States

Today, I decided I would tell my mom I'm not going to marry my fiancé because it just didn't feel right, only to walk into my own surprise engagement party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 718
You deserved it 9 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a perfect time to tell them you're calling the thing off.

Exactly. Only say yes if you're 100% sure!!!

Comments

theoldGP 0

dude maybe it felt right then.. but once the reality set in she didnt want to do it anymore. goddamn it. its fine for her to change her mind this far in the game. at least they are not married yet. it totally sucks, but just because there was a party doesn't mean that you cant still call it off.

TBR 0

I want too know what makes the op female a guy could have changed his mind too

"fiance" implies male while "fiancee" implies female. Since the OP wrote "fiance" it's reasonable to assume the OP is female. Just sayin'

starberries 0

It says the OP is a man, so the only reasonable thing to assume is that he is a man. Many people don't know the difference between "fiancé" and "fiancée", so that's really no indication. Not to mention that a man can indeed marry another man.

sublime420 11

Gay marriage is illegal in Florida.

green_199 0

Did you proceed to get drunk and flash everybody?

At least you didn't get to tell your mom. Otherwise, it would've been even more awkward.

you must have felt so guilty the whole night. i hope you still called it off.

lexi_lu 0

You can still always call it off if that's really truly what you want,if you're honestly not happy, but only if you have a good reason to. If you're just looking to see if there's "something better out there" trust me, there's a good chance there won't be, and then don't expect you can just run back to your ex and say,okay I changed my mind again I wanna get married now..not gonna happen

wait for the wedding and when the priest or what ever say "If anyone has any quarles with this union speak now or forever hold your peace" any then some guy will stand up and he will speak then you will run off with him and marry him divorce him a year later while youre pregnant and then he will refuse to pay child support cause he will say that you cheated on him and the kid is asian.

Emika_fml 0

#1 said it best - good opportunity to tell everyone at once and get it all over with. Did you? Or did you cop out, say nothing and enjoy the party, and now have a bunch of gifts to return and awkward explanations to make?