By sick - 21/09/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I decided I would call in sick to work after working 60 hours the week before just so I could have a day off... My body responded this morning with vomiting and diarrhea so I had to call in sick and didn't get to have much fun... Karma 1 Me 0. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 786
You deserved it 11 312

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Saint Jimmy is a terrible song... No. Wait. Alan! Stop making me lie! I love Green Day. Whatsername was better though.

It's not karma... it's likely a sign that you need to take it easy.

IOwnedYou 0

God damn it, that's not what karma is.

skatergirl21 2

hahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahah karma is shuch a BITCH some times you no what i mean lol wirte back

No, I don't understand. Please explain in great detail what you mean by that statement. lol, write back.

Actually they said lol WIRTE back. =) which leads me to ask nearly the same question as you....what do they mean by wirte?

Well, in German, Wirt translates to something like a Landlord, and I think Wirte is the female form of Landlord (not as in a female landlord, just the female form of the word). And I think back translates to something like bake (although it would be used in the wrong way as just back). My German is wayyyy fuzzy, and haven't bothered trying to speak any for over a year. Haha. Even with this, I am still utterly baffled. "Landlord bake"? lolwut? Did she go get high with her landlord or something? Or did she bake her landlord into a cake? SO MANY POSSIBLE ROUTES THIS CAN GO.

Looks like Alan deserves a grilled cheese sandwich... OF WIN! Win... Cheese?

I'll only take that grilled cheese if Rachel makes it.

Of course I'd make it! Who else would put all the love and attention? Plus, I'd cut it so it'd look like an Brontosaurus!

dcstream 0

When is 60 hours a week a big deal? I can understand deserving a day off every now and then, but that's a completely undeserving reason.

Most people work 8 hours a day for 5 days for 40 hours a week? I'd want a day off if I were subjected to a week of 12 hour work days, too.

dcstream 0

Ah, I work 7 days a week and didn't take into account some only work 5.

Agreed. 60 hours/week is a normal week for me. During the summer it goes up to anywhere from 75-95 a week. And that's with taking one day off.

imblue 0

I know how you feel to a certain extent. Last Friday I worked a 14 hour shift, a 10 hour shift on Saturday, and a 6 hour shift on Sunday. I skipped school today just so I could rest.

Well, at least you were actually sick on your sick day. Feel better, I guess. Your life, it is average.

If you worked 60 hrs in a week, why do you need to call in for? Are you saying you worked all seven days without a day off? If that's the case, That would break down to 8 hrs/day with four hrs. over as possible overtime. No grounds to call in. If you worked five days, that would break down to 12 hrs/day, which, besides being one helluva schedule, would warrant calling in since you would waste one of your days off due to exhaustion. But since you have two days off, there's no need for an extra day off unless you need it to take care of any business at home you couldn't take care of because you were tired. If you called in as a make-up day to go to the movies or the mall, then YDI. Where I work, I used to do 12 hrs/day plus work on my days off as OT plus an extra 2-4 hrs on those days off on top of my 8-hr day. At one point I worked THREE MONTHS straight without a day off. I made plenty of $$$$ during that stretch but I took off from work for a week due to extreme exhaustion.

Every place I ever worked, it doesn't go by hours per day. It goes by hours per week in excess of 40. That makes 20 hours of OT.