By Bambi - 12/08/2009 06:49 - United States

Today, I crashed my car. I saw a deer getting ready to run into the middle of the road, and I was very sleepy, so I panicked and slammed on the brakes, causing me to lose control of the car on the wet road. After I hit a tree, I realized that the deer was a plastic lawn ornament. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 193
You deserved it 46 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

I never understood why people like having those lawn ornaments. I think they're kind of tacky. And clearly they can be hazardous too!

Lolbrittany 0

Comments

Leave your misandry at the door, wench.

If you were that tired, you shouldn't have been driving in the first place! You deserve it 100%.

letitbe56 0

Sometimes there's no other option. What's she going to do, sleep at work? Methinks you are yet another teenager lacking in life experience who thinks s/he knows best about everything...

Me thinks your one of those idiots who takes unnecessary risks which endanger lives because you're too short-sighted to see the other options. Sleep at work? Hell yes. Or wait, maybe call a friend, a cab, sleep in your car!? Its not difficult to comprehend other options. But wait, you have LIFE experience! That means you can drive like a drowsy jackass and endanger my life, my girlfriend's life, and everyone else!

There is, of course, the possibility that this person had little money to spend on a cab and a child at home to get to. But then again, a cab must be cheaper than getting your car fixed.

letitbe56 0

Look, driving is never safe. It is also dangerous to drive when you're hungry, when you're upset, when you're sick, or when you have to pee. If we're going to get picky, I bet you'd be able to find a reason why 75% of the people currently on the road really "shouldn't" be driving. I have a much bigger problem with people who think it's okay to do things like give road-head than I have with people who drive home even though they're tired after work. What do you expect? People to go, "Oh shit, I yawned, better sleep all by myself in this dark parking lot tonight!" Life doesn't stop for you just because you're tired.

But now you're splitting hairs. The OP obviously was TOO tired to drive causing a hazard to herself and others. I agree that around 75% of the drivers out there SHOULDN'T drive and I admit that I qualify into that from time to time as well but crashing because of stupidity like THIS? Your work argument is flawed however. There are ALWAYS other options. When I started work for my last job my shift was 6:00-14:00. That means I woke up at 5:00. Why was I not a sleepy-wreck? Because I got appropriate sleep!

pinkducttape 0

the op might not really have been that tired - rain - plastic deer at the side of road - easy to mistake it for real and over correct - i would probably blame it on a hard day at work - when really i hate those silloute deer that people set up where its jumping a fence - because if they let their yard work go - stuff grows around them - and even in broad daylight people hit their brakes for them.

Really 74? 6-2? That's it? I work from 5:30am til after dark which is around 9 or 10pm. I'm exhausted. Should I start calling people to drive me around? People don't want to be a chauffeur just to be nice. I also don't want to have to count on someone else to be on time to pick me up. It's just not rational

no you can alwayd pull over on the side of the road for a nap. dont endanger other people.

I hate those things. There are so many real deer around, why would you want a fake one?

You shouldn't drive when you aren't alert. What if you had swerved into a car full of innocent people rather than a tree?

Not only should you not drive when you're not alert, you shouldn't brake for deer. You're more likely to survive if you step on the gas.

letitbe56 0

Has none of you ever had a job? No one wants to drive when they're tired, but sometimes it's the only way they have to get home. I had a job once where I had to leave the house at 6am to get to work on time, and I was usually pretty sleepy. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have been driving, but the only other option was never to go to work. But I cranked up the music and blasted the AC, and kept myself awake. Seriously, I understand why you don't want people driving while sleepy, but if you had any life experience you'd know it's not that simple.

actually that's completely not true, speeding up will only cause more damage to your vehicle and increase the chance your neck will get broken

fretforyerlatte 0

those things are easy to mistake if you just get a quick look at it. totally not your fault.

Since you're a woman it was automatically your fault. Don't try to put the blame on a superior male driver when it's obviously your shitty driving skills due to you being the posessor of a ****** that put you in that situation. Get back in the kitchen where you belong.

YDI for being a woman. There isn't a road between the bedroom and the kitchen so you shouldn't be driving.

Lolbrittany 0

I completely agree. Who lengthened the leash? She shouldn't be that far from the stove.