By Anonymous - 13/02/2011 08:36 - United States

Today, I confirmed that my neighbors burn their garbage in their backyard. How? My dog just threw up a nice smelly consistency of spaghetti, plastic and cigarette butts on my carpet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 823
You deserved it 3 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You deserve it if you dont have a fence or let your dog walk around freely. FYL if there is a fence and you son/daughter let the dog out and it went to the burnt garbadge.

Talia_91 13

I heard it illegal to burn garbage and not to have a garbage service. I'd call the police that's not healthy for you or anyone near breathing that in and for the environment.

Comments

go take your dogs crap and put it in a paper bag and set it on fire on their doorstep

Xquisite1 28

The keyword is "their" backyard. Keep your dog in your yard!

fthku 13

OP, call the cops. I'm not American, but I doubt it's legal, and it's a real health risk.

Depending on where you live it's completely legal. I used to burn my trash until I moved into town.

perdix 29

You'd better keep your pet in your yard, or you might end up with a hot dog.

Control your dog. You're lucky they didn't antifreeze it.

You deserve it. Keep your nasty, garbage eating dog in your own yard. And just an FYI for those saying that OP should call the cops because garbage burning is illegal, these neighbors could very easily have a compost pile or even a compost bucket that the dog chewed into which would explain the plastic. Considering that the OP let's his dog run around in other peoples' yards chewing on their garbage, I would say it's quite possible that this dog is chewing up their good stuff, too. Regardless, YDI OP. This is entirely your fault for being a negligent owner. If you're going to own a pet, take care of it and keep it in your own yard.

fthku 13

Compost, of course! What enriches soil more than cigarettes, chewed up spaghetti and plastic. Sarcasm aside, it might explain plastic alone if the bucket itself is made of plastic, but I'm imagining more of a plastic bottle sort of plastic here. Cigarettes and spaghetti? not so much.

I didn't say the neighbors were smart. I know some seriously stupid people who put *anything* that isn't plastic, metal, or styrofoam into their compost piles. And the few people I know that smoke and have a compost pile always put their butts in there. They think it means that they're doing good even though they're polluting the air and killing themselves and those around them with the smoking. In regards to this FML, though, it doesn't matter where the neighbor's garbage is or what they do with it. The OP is too lazy and inconsiderate to keep his dog on his own property. For all we know his dog dumped over their garbage can, chewed it up, and then started eating the garbage. That happens a lot in my parents' neighborhood and it's really frustrating.

fthku 13

That OP is stupid or just an asshole who doesn't care wasn't even a question. In regards to what you said - Jeez..

sallen0046 4

YDI for letting your dog roam freely through your neighbors yard in the first place. What your neighbors do on their own property is absolutely none of your business, but they could absolutely call animal control for you letting your animal roam their yard. Either put up a fence, or learn to watch your animal.