By Anonymous - 09/09/2014 16:16 - Australia - Perth

Today, I chatted to a nice guy and gave him my number. I told him I was going to sleep because I had a headache, and then put my phone on silent. He rang multiple times, and when I obviously didn't pick up, he sent several texts insulting me and calling me gutless for not responding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 775
You deserved it 4 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Octwo 16

Dodged a bullet of insecurity you could very well have not seen otherwise.

Comments

Shame on you. Psycho 101 if you have one conversation you belong to him and 30 phone calls trumps headaches sleep or freedom. Bullet dodged op.

Wow OP you're such a bitch and obviously deserved that. It was completely your fault you got a headache.

cheesy_wotsit 20

#12 Why is OP a bitch?? She explained to the guy that she wouldn't be able to talk to him and why. WTF is your problem?

#14... are you really that oblivious to sarcasm?

Your sarcasm senses don't seem to be tingling I'm afraid...

#14, I know it's hard to tell the difference between sarcasm, and trolling, but come on. That is the most obviously sarcastic comment I've seen on this site.

It's probably not the case, but perhaps #14 countered the obviously sarcastic comment with sarcasm of his own. However if it's not the case, then: omg!

mrwilsong 6

Hmm maybe that's why Sharon didn't respond...

Wow..clingy much? I'm glad you didn't date him..he seems a bit out there, no offense to him. Maybe he's a nice person but from this info...I'm glad you didn't go for it.

it's time to stop saying he is a nice guy.. what an insecure jerk..

I guess he didn't think before texting. Insecure wimp.

skittyskatbrat 19

Some people are good at hiding the crazy..... Text him back with a link to this thread.

Sounds like a guy I dated for a week who then stalked me for a month. You might want to get a jump start on him and change your number now!

skittyskatbrat 19

I refuse to do that. I just got very nasty and mean to my stalker wanna-be. If he isn't playing by the rules of polite society, I didn't have to either. So I was not remotely nice and I wasn't changing my email, number, screening calls, etc. to accommodate his imbecility. Verbally rip into them and threaten them and insult them...they back off fast. And, hopefully, think very very hard about whether it is a good idea when they want to go after another victim.... If this FML idiot continues for a few more days, unloading all possible vitriole on him is warranted IMHO. They'll rationalize not being able to call with things like "she lost her phone." A five minute nonstop shouting insult-laden rant? Not so easy :D

I don't understand why you were downvoted at all :S Your suggestion is pro-active; not only would it punish the moron for his horrible behavior, it might discourage him from acting that way toward others as well. And the victim won't have to change her phone number, which is a hassle. It's not fair that the victims always have to go through all that trouble, while the asshats can just keep behaving like this without repercussions.

skittyskatbrat 19

#59, the downvotes are people that have never had a creepy stalker that will NOT back off. I'm definitely more proactive about it. My take on it? You tell them nicely and firmly a few times. And when it's clear they won't back off, don't hide and change your number and all that crap. Tell them off in no uncertain terms so that there is no shadow of doubt in their minds that you aren't interested and won't be interested and they have thoroughly effed up ;) And sometimes they learn. Not sure mine did, but after I told him off for continuing to try and creep on me after I told him not to...I didn't hear of him bugging any other women! OR bugging me. :) No ten emails a day, no late-night calls (pre-texting), no "accidentally" being outside the lab where I worked on campus, nothing. I think I actually scared the bastard. GOOD. HIS turn to be scared for a change.

wow OP count your blessings not only does he sounds like a nut case flipping out because you don't answer your phone and you're not even in a relationship with him.

oh my! That's very nice of you! He's way to mean! It's great that you dodged a bullet.