By Scott - 15/09/2011 07:34 - United States

Today, I caught my pregnant wife trying to suck milk from her breasts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 280
You deserved it 6 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If I had breasts.. I probably would have tried that ..

shes warming them up for the little fella'

Comments

Shadow_Phantom 26

I don't get how this is a FML...

SlyTail 5

Thats what you get for forgetting to pick up the milk!

leadman1989 15

Yeah, he should have some with a bowl of his booberries... too juvenile? Yeah I thought so. :p

Completely random but you know PETA actually tried to get people to make ice cream && other dairy products out of breast milk..... (•_•)

I heard something about that. I think it's nasty.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ben n Jerry's almost came out with a breast milk made ice cream flavor. Thank god they didn't.

monnanon 13

so you would rather steal milk from the hungry mouth of a calf or goat than even consider trying breast milk? Actually after the infant stage we are not supposed to drink milk anymore, just think of how many people cant tolerate the stuff. If you ever get a chance to try the ice cream i would. I have tried my own breast milk and would happily try the ice cream. Its no different from any other milk. it came from a teat just like every other kind.

I remember around Feb/March. reading about an ice cream parlor in the UK that was selling breast milk ice cream. I admit, I'd try it. Why not?.....I'm sure it's delicious.(:

33- PETA asked them to and they flat out rejected it. There was no "almost". Also, there was a chef in NYC who was making cheese from his wife's milk and the health department shut it down really quickly.

There is a restaurant in N.Y. that was selling breast milk cheese... apparently it was kinda popular too...

#40 - milk isn't "stolen" from a calf. They just keep milking the cow after the calf is weaned.

liontigerfan 0

54-nice profile pic..and why did u guys bring up this convo????

They actually do make ice cream and cheese out of it in other places in the world. I know france has a place they make cheese from. I forget where the ice cream is though.

Just like with humans, more milk expressed means more milk produced. So even if a cow was to be milked while a calf is still nursing, it's not going to cause a depleted supply for the calf. in fact, it'll do pretty much the opposite.

monnanon 13

Actually people need to get thier facts straight, they take the calfs from the cows so they can milk them. Anyway my point wasnt that milking is cruel (which in the light of some industries like veal it isnt) my point was that we would rather drink something from another species than drink our own. I do not understand why breast milk is viewed as horrible when we readily drink milk from a cows breasts.

My husband's grandparents live across the road from a dairy farm and if you look out into the field in between milking times, you can see the calves with their mothers and they are nursing. Maybe they are an exception. Or maybe it is a local thing, because I have yet to come across a dairy farm on this island that isn't like that one. Also, as long as the breastmilk was tested and approved or it was my own milk, I would try some cheese or ice cream made from it.

Tbh I would find our diet and way of living (smoking, std's, health problems ect) would put me off trying another womans breast milk.. If someone got a condition you will find traces in the milk.. Just saying.. Cows have vets checking them, and most places, least where im from, the farmers lets the calf suck the tet first weeks as it contains some things making the milk not suitable for the human mouths. Ala breast milk tastes shit first days, same with cows..

monnanon 13

I tried to look up some supporting material but you either get the "MILK IS EVIL" drivile from vegan sites or the "MILK IS GODS AMBROSIA" talk from the farm associations. Very hard to find an unbiased argument. Anyway i put it as stolen to add emphasis to my arguement but i still believe that we are unfairly burdening cows in a need for milk. Its maybe not cruel as such but it aint natural. Milk isn't easily digestible either, a lot of people cant go near it. If we all embraced breast milk at least human rights would stop us milking women 24/7. Anyway im not suggesting that all im saying is that breast milk isnt gross, all milk (apart from soya) comes from the same place, some animals boob.

Why not just use almond milk, coconut milk, etc.? (They're both really good!) It's not like humans and farm animals are your only options for milk.

Monnanon - Nobody really cares for that "animals are being treated cruelly because of this" bullshit on here. Yes, milk comes from animal boob. So what? It's good enough for my cereal and my occasional glass. If you came to FML to preach about animal rights, you should try somewhere else.

twisted54 1

99 - based on ur argument and good old fashioned deductive reasoning one could ask why we don't eat people instead of other species? Or why don't we all live outside because houses aren't natural? People drink cow milk for the same reason other people drink goat milk. They like it...

xXT9Xx 0

I dont want any breast milk unless i get to have the fun of sucking the boob too

I love when people try to argue but their facts aren't straight. Like people have said, it IS possible to milk a cow lets say and still have enough for the calf. It's better for the cow too because if the calf doesn't drink it all, there's possibility for all kinds of infections

jowho 0

It's actually very uncomfortable for them and can even be painful. If not milked

monnanon 13

FFS i am not saying it is cruel I am saying that having an animal continually lactating is not a normal state, it is one that we have helped bring about by continous milking and it takes a strain on the cow. We are one of the very few species that drinks milk after infancy aswel which again is something unnatural and proven by the fact that so many people in the world cant handle lactose. Of course though i am the mad one on here making the stupid ass comments, not the people who drink milk all the time but think breast milk is horrible.

There is actually a restuarant in England that makes ice cream from breast milk and apparently its really popular... It's called Baby GaGa

Excellent job! You have done the ever so difficult task of drinking your own breast milk :D now try and drink a strangers milk who could have aids or those other microscopic monsters that humans can have :DDD a lot of money will be spent on making sure the milk is safe. Oh and not to mention that not all mothers have breast milk just like that. Mine didnt. :3 expensive project much?

161 - Yea, and Lady Gaga had a fit and sued the restaurant for "stealing her name" hahahaha.

monnanon 13

What idiot would go and drink just any milk. Milk is heavily tested when it is donated for premature babies and i imagine the same is done for those experiments where people have been asked to try it. Breast milk ice cream like the baby gaga stuff will go under rigorous testing. Yes your right not every mum makes milk mine didn't either but there are some woman who have enough there to donate to the neonatal wards too.

Sukismama 2

So because we drink cows milk that means we should drink our own, so that must mean since we eat cows meat we should eat human meat? cows milk and human breast milk is just not the same

Yea, milk is gross no matter what species it comes from..

missbadluk 0

I saw that on the news. Haha ew..

Ever heard of automated milking machines? I see nothing cruel about a milking system in which the cow decides when it wants to be milked and that also regulates the milking process so that the machine will not milk the cow if it has been milked recently.

Tookie22 5

Now thats some sick stuff. Maybe she was curious about the taste of breast milk 0_o

I have to admit that if I was pregnant, I would also try to suck milk from my breasts. Just like I would try to give myself a ******* if I was a guy. Both very impossible, both worth trying.

I have large breasts and I have admittedly tried to do it, and I can lol. It's just curiosity plus my husband dared me. Lol. How is this post a FML? It's such a non event, he's probably a prude.

Oh yeah I forgot to say I wasn't lactating or anything.

perdix 29

Neither is impossible. And whether they are wrong, who are you to sit in judgment? Oh, yeah, this is FML, we ALL sit in judgment!

jellitonoctopus 19

Bust a Marilyn Manson and remove two of your ribs, tada! Self-blowies.

Lol I wanna try it to, almost worth getting pregnant for :)