By scammed - 18/12/2011 05:18 - Canada

Today, I caught my mother attempting to write a $1400 cheque. To whom? The proprietor of a "Christian charity fund" with whom she had been having Internet conversations. The proprietor's name, and that on the cheque, was "Herp McDerpington". FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 899
You deserved it 2 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IKickPuppiesHard 16

And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!

perdix 29

Why did you stop her? That sweet lady was just trying to help out Herpie's Kids.

Comments

I always wonder how blatant scammers get money. Now I realize there's always the one dumbass who falls for it.

So it's interesting how their name is 'scammed'

Same thing happened to me. Except with less $. My mom was gonna send $30 to some dude who said he would send her a cd of some sort. He said his name was remmacs. Read that backwards...

lizzypooh36 18
btnhdude 0

Can't tell if sarcasm Or doesn't know memes Fry.jpg

Had a substitute in my robotics class and told him I was "Derp McHerpington" and he called me that for the month the sub was there.

mysterious_chan 7

At least you stopped her from being an idiot. Keep an eye on her in the future though.

Zoroark899 6
perdix 29

Why did you stop her? That sweet lady was just trying to help out Herpie's Kids.

I so agree with you 35. He's annoying as ****

35 - *you're. You're obviously new to the site. This is perdix, treat him like a god.

Yes. May I suck your toes and massage your feet, your ever so highness.

Don't worry Perdix. This was only the 8th comment of the "Karate" and judging from the lovely picture Tab has, he/she finds toddlers playing with sex toys entertaining. They don't seem like people that we should trust the opinions of.

Am I too late to the kiss perdix's ass party??!!

Banana_Pancakes6 0

Sometimes I wrap toilet paper around my dick, and pretend it's a ghost.

i thought it was funny, try getting a sense of humor. it helps.

I never got noticed by Perdix before, Then I took an arrow to the knee. Now I'm In FML heaven where our heavenly father, "Perdix" is what you mortals call him, Comments on only the most worthy FML's! REPENT! REPENT! PERDIX IS COMING TO STEAL ALL YOUR THUMBS UPS!! ....Too much kiss ass?

I don't understand why Perdix is a god to you folks. I don't find his comments freaking hilarious either.

RedPillSucks 31

I'm sorry. Did you say treat him "like" a god?

Banana_Pancakes6 0

Perdix's comments win, it's not being a kiss-ass if it's true. Stop being trolls.

Someone please explain all this arrow in the knee thing please? Is it an american thing? Cause here in Ireland never is a reference made. Thanking you for reading and +1 for answering.

99- Its from Skyrim. A newer video game. It came out around the same time as MW3. Not only big in the states, its also big in Canada. :)

Iamaninchworm 0

99- its a reference to the guards in elder scrolls 5 skyrim. They have a reiterating dialogue which occaisonally say "i use to be an adventurer like you, but then i took an arrow in the knee." or somwthing along the lines. No it isnt just in the US Skyrim being one of the best games ever it is famous everywhere. Learn your facts bro.

SpikyG 3

At least we do not wear glasses IN side

#99 You ever play Skyrim? Guards in that game say that shit all the time!

Mr.Mcderptington is such a creative person.

I wonder how Mrs. McDerpington will take the news that her donation isn't coming?

People need to stop giving away money without researching where it's going.

She knew where the money was going... To good old herp

nattynatters 14

Yeah, my grandma has given like $4,000 total to several African princes. Some people have no tech sense... Or common sense.

6, To what extent do you think this should be done? Should we also be scrutinising the registered charities? Following the money all the way to the final destination? People don't have the time for that shit, some of us have jobs. Simply donating only to trusted sources and those who you actually have physical contact with should eliminate most issues. Anything beyond that is just time that could be better spent elsewhere.

IKickPuppiesHard 16

And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Your picture is great for that comment!

Nebulas_n_Novas 7

Mwahhahaha. *stops and stares* How could she not see that was a total fake name? Guess she be herpin while she derpin.

But if it was a fake name, how would "Herp" have cashed it? Fake ID that says Herp? Fake bank account and a fake ID?

juturnaamo 29

Mr. McDerpington could endorse the check, and then he could cash it.

lifeisbullshiz 3

you can deposit it into an account as a "for deposit only" & they don't check ID's... so the person who is "Herp" could write that on the back of the check and into the account it goes....

Herp should have asked her to write it out to Cash.