By nothing is sacred - 23/02/2017 12:00 - United States - Reynoldsburg

Today, I caught my mom using my toothbrush and washcloth again, despite her having both her own bathroom and supplies. I asked her to please not use mine, to which she called me an ungrateful bitch. My dad agreed. Yet they wonder why I've been desperately saving money to move out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 536
You deserved it 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"You're right. Thank you, mom, for the communal toothbrush and towel. Maybe we could earn a profit if we lease them out to other families as well."

Ambrily 27

Get out of there as soon as possible, OP. I feel bad for you.

Comments

get you self a small bin that you can keep all your bathroom stuff in and carry it to and fro from your room. That way you dont have to worry about them using your stuff. If the go into you room for your stuff they have problems.

gothchick201013 6

I had a similar situation where my mom just did not respect my privacy or my things and my stepdad just made everything worse. I moved out two months ago, let me tell you it's amazing! So free! You need to get out, now!

Buy a new toothbrush and keep it in your room, then make your old toothbrush your official toilet detail cleaning brush. She might think twice about messing with your stuff after that...

guitarmageddon 6

what you should do is buy a separate toothbrush and stuff and keep it in your room, then start using your old one to clean toilets and such. but don't tell them

TabooSushi 24

Sounds like it's time to keep your own bath supplies in your bedroom, in a hidden spot where she can't find them.

How disgusting. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. That is straight up emotional abuse and you are a piece of shit parent if you think its okay to call your child horrible names regardless of how old they are. I had to put up with it for years from my mother (along with her constantly taking my money so I couldn't save up anything for myself) until a friend was able to get me out on my own. I never looked back, but the damage has stayed with me long after. Get out ASAP.

Get a caboodle with a lock to store your bathroom supplies.

Jacobus_G 3

be sure they have no way to access your money my guess is they will steal it in order to keep you from leaving

That's just nasty, wtf is your moms problem