By welptbh - 04/04/2018 16:30 - United States - San Pablo

Today, I came out to my parents as trans. They immediately took my remaining college savings, canceled my credit card, and began plotting to abduct me and "wean me off hormones, like a heroin addict." FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 075
You deserved it 1 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Donut_Wizard 23

How dare they do that. I will use my donut magic to make them shit out stale, rock hard tabasco donuts for a month.

Wait...how do you condone or not condone gender dysphoria? That's like saying you approve or don't approve of clinical depression or being color blind or something. It exists, end of story. I mean, at best you can say you believe in it or not, but you can't really condone or not condone it.

Comments

EarthsMightiestHeroes 20

My friend went through somewhat of a similar fate, but they had to pack up and leave home entirely at age 17. They had a hard time for a while, but they are doing okay now and ended up graduating High school early! I have faith in you, I bet you'll do great.

I’m not trying to be funny but run get out of there and run and congratulations for coming out trans I know it’s hard to come out

The_candyman 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Mathalamus 24

It's not right for them to do this.

some of these comments are disgusting. It is 2018, how are we still tellingt people who are transgender deserve this abuse? Whether you understand gender dysphoria or whatever your views, people who are transgender are PEOPLE! Deserving of human rights such as a right to education and not to be forced into inhumane nonconsensual"treatments". how can you be saying things like 'you need shock therapy?' where is your humanity? Someone is telling us of an awful situation. Why are we not condemning the way they are being treated, regardless of your views on gender dysphoria!?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
AzrielB 8

unless your parents are super liberal, this is why you should feel them out first, maybe talk at the dinner table about a trans friend

"Super Liberal"? Don't you mean "Decent humans"?

notlisapizza 3

wow I had no idea the commenters here were so ignorant/transphobic. if you're in college, you should check out some resources they probably have for support (LGBT organizations) and see about any student legal services in case your parents do try and interfere with hormone treatments (in case you're using their insurance or something like that). unfortunately if the credit card and college money we're in their name they have every legal right to take it away. I'm just writing this comment so you understand that there are people and organizations who will support you and your transition, you just have to look.

I'm so sorry, OP. I hope you can find resources to help you transition and make a life for yourself--apparently without your parents.

Suaria 38

Some of these comments are sickening, some even go as far as death threats (I'm looking at gh0strec0n). Unless the parents send OP to conversion therapy (which is not at all effective), the vast majority of psychologists/doctors/psychiatrists would recommend transitioning. So to all the people who say to get help, most medical professionals would say transitioning and being treated as a person would be the best therapy for OP. At least research or talk to medical professionals before you sound ignorant.

In the 40s, post-war, Jean-Paul Sartre wrote that the so-called "Jewish question" should be on the actions of the anti-Semites and not the Jews themselves. I feel that, hopefully, the same shall occur on the "transgender question." It should not be a question on whether one can be transgender - that will be a given - but on how to stamp out transphobia. I'm seriously disappointed that so many within the FML community wish to be on the wrong side of history. Moving on, to be transgender is a completely natural regularity. Gender is after all solely an identity - and who are they harming by choosing their own personal identity themselves? There is nothing biologically relating gender to genitalia, as those determine one's sex, not one's gender. As for transsexualism, it doesn't hurt anyone and actually is a positive lifestyle choice for many transgender people. There is no legitimate reason to oppose it (unless you're a Christian fundamentalist, in which case, why would God have given you the power to perform such if he wanted it not to be used?). And, finally. OP. I am completely appalled by the actions of your parents and I wish things can get better in future! If you have a sibling, maybe go through them as a means of bringing them to reason if you can.

The_candyman 13

this has to be a troll good job.. comparing it to the Holocaust. wow and I think your right you should be able to do what ever you want to your body (only yours) not your kids. just don't require stuff from other people. o wait they are already doing that, in some states companies can get fined for using the wrong gender. some place you call someone a ****** and they cry or yell back at you but if you call them sir they sue you. YEAH TRANSGENDER IS THE RIGHT WAY.

Suaria 38

Well I think it is only logical that if you're yelling slurs at people, they will yell back at you.

The_candyman 13

Good to see more people on the same page

I was not comparing it to the Holocaust...

The_candyman 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway