By ByronJess - 21/08/2012 08:21 - United States

Today, I came home to find that the entire ceiling in the kitchen of my apartment had caved in due to an extremely leaky water pipe. The same water pipe maintenance said they had fixed three days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 903
You deserved it 1 510

ByronJess tells us more.

ByronJess 17

Thank you, DocBastard. Also, I'm not one of those crazy Americans portrayed on television who feels the need to sue for everything. First off, maintenance is admitting the fixed something wrong. Second, I've made some pretty big mistakes in my life too. Third, I'd rather not put the apartment complex whet I live in any financial turmoil, I like it here and I need a place to live.

Top comments

Maintenance man: I'm here to fix your leaky pipe, ma'am. Woman: Oh, it's so leaky. Maintenance man: And it's getting you so wet. Woman: Yes, so wet! Maintenance man: Let me get out my tool...

Rei_Ayanami 18

Not trying to be mean... But from what I've experienced in my life most maintenance teams half ass everything and are lazy. I hope you have renter's insurance if so anything damaged or destroyed won't const too much.

Comments

I feel bad for the people above you. Now they don't even have a floor to walk on.

ByronJess 17

I have an upstairs apartment :) I feel bad for the people below me, they now have a drippy water damaged ceiling of their own... Hopefully I don't end up without a floor! D:

Luckily you didn't have a downstairs appartment!

They didn't break your ceiling. They installed an indoor pool with a sky light...and all you do is complain. Sheesh, how ungrateful of you. Really, some tenants are just impossible to please.

Or maybe her ceiling caved in... ruining her appartment.

Or maybe you should learn to take a joke.

olpally 32

Oh, I think Stewie and Brian tried fixing it for you and ended up just blowing up your apartment in the end... water damage is the least of your concerns! :D

fishboy123 7

maintenance didn't use enough duct tape

mrnuleef 7

Maintenance men are about as useful as a sperm donor with no testes. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

killer6969 16

Sue them for lying and get it fixed for free while getting more money so it can be kept an their rep doesn't go down

Ugh, I have that problem whenever I go to a maintenance service that I'm not familiar with. They always claim they have it fixed and it's still broken as f*ck...

hateevryone 14

You cannot trust these maintenance men these days. They are unreliable.

All of them? Really? Tell me more about your theory. I'm fascinated.