By Anonymous - 13/12/2014 05:05 - United States - San Diego

Today, I came home to find out my roommate sold my PS4, because, "You don't use it anymore." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 189
You deserved it 2 851

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes I really don't understand peoples logic. Like how can you justify selling someone else's stuff... Sigh. Hope you get it sorted somehow, op :/

This is where you rip off his testicles and say 'you don't use these anymore'.

Comments

katebond 16

@56 The comment was just unnecessary. They should have just hit the "I agree, your life sucks" button instead of commenting. No big deal

incoherentrmblr 21

I'd rather comment than just "Like/Agree" with something, just like I'm doing right now. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and the choice to share it or not. Who cares if a comment gets down votes, at least the commentators have the guts to say something, trivial or significant...

And that deserves down votes huh, something you don't feel is necessary?

Sometimes I really don't understand peoples logic. Like how can you justify selling someone else's stuff... Sigh. Hope you get it sorted somehow, op :/

Hopefully he at least gets the money from it, but after reading this, I am not so sure :(

Boy would I be mad. If OP's roommate didn't give him the money or it wasn't as much money as it should've been, than it looks like you have to get the police involved. Unless OP's roommate buys back another PS4.

Boy would I be mad. If OP's roommate didn't give him the money or it wasn't as much money as it should've been, than it looks like you have to get the police involved. Unless OP's roommate buys back another PS4.

But! You haven't used it in over a week! And I needed money! Of coarse I will sell something that's not mine for money! And it should be okay because we're roommates and what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. It seems selling another person's stuff without their permission has become a pretty popular activity lately. Like the FML with the drug addict brother that sold his sibling's instrument for drug money a day before a big concert. Seriously? What is happening to society?

Sell their most expensive possession, or their bed. "You don't use it anymore". Seriously, get the money from them and then kick them out. Imagine what else of yours they could sell for their own gain.

Sell his penis and say: you don't use it anymore

Or find a family heirloom that is sitting around collecting dust and sell it.

This is where you rip off his testicles and say 'you don't use these anymore'.

ZY1431 24

I sense an ass whipping coming.

Well he/she now owes you the money and a new ps4 in my book.

You assume that this person is male but a male wouldn't sell the ps4, they would put it in their room and claim it as their own. Men are too lazy to sell stuff or clean up.

#32 This person clearly said "he/she" (meaning either or as the gender of the roommate is not known) in their comment. You should try reading comments properly before making a statement against them, unless your goal is to look and sound like a moron. - Sincerely, Internet.

I disagree #7, He owes him a new PS4 including any accessories/games that may have gone with it. At the very least the money he made off it and the difference to replace it. Not both the money and the system.

#32 don't be a sexist asshole(and yes if you are male you can indeed he sexist against your own gender) your comment offended me as a male, implying we are so incredibly lazy we can't even craigslist something. **** YOU DICK.

#51, in the U.S. the system or value of the system is what he'd be entitled to, however based on the judge's discretion he could also be awarded punitive damages to include the amount the roommate sold it for, which I would push for whether I had a right to it or not. The point of punitive damages is to punish someone, and give them more reason not to do stupid shit again, as opposed to going to all that trouble just to have a judge make someone do what they should have known was right in the first place, not to mention the cost of taking someone to court over that nonsense.

That's $400.00 and maybe upwards of $500.00-$600.00 depending on other stuff like amount of games. I wouldn't call it nonsense to go to court over it.

Move out all his stuff out and say, "I thought you didn't live here anymore."

What kinds of roommates do you have in the U.S? I read so much of those FML's (from USA) of roommates doing retarded or just really strange things, WTF?! O.o

I share an apartment with my boyfriend and 2 friends and the worse thing they do is be really messy, which I can live with. If they sold my PS3, they know I would without a doubt go batshit! Likewise if I sold their XBox360. I agree, some room/flat/house mates I've read on here in the past are definitely ridiculous...

Even worse part is..they steal your cloths...and wear it to the same party that you were invited to...and claim it as Thiers..

Oh come on now #9 douchey roommates can't just be a US problem.

My roommate is fine, the worst thing he does is be late on the rent sometimes.

I had roommates that tried to tell me that I needed to be home more often because I was never there. Told them I'd do whatever the **** I wanted as long as I paid my share of the bills (which I did). I signed a six month lease with them, before the first month was over they got up and left. After they moved out I ended up spending most of my time at home.

Now is your chance to be annoying as ****. Just do things like hiding his clothes and using the excuse that he wasn't wearing them at that time. See this as an oppertunity, OP.

That's what I'm saying. Some people are suggesting OP should sell their roommate's shit. Doing that would only make OP just as bad a person as their roommate. I say hide something of theirs that is valuable until they buy the PS4.

Well I would do the same to every person who has been offline for more then 5 days. Good for him lol

countryb_cth 38

You do realize people have lives outside video games right?

You do realise that some people stop playing for a few weeks and then pick it up and start playing it regularly again? Just because someone isn't playing all the time doesn't mean that they don't want their console anymore or that they've stopped using it. And even if they had you have no right to touch another person's property without permission let alone sell it.

Yeah. I have a car and usually I really need it to get to work, but there are times when I don't use it for days or even weeks. With this logic, pretty much everyone of my neighbours could sell my car. Or my TV. Or pretty much any of my belongings.

34 Exactly! I haven't used my Wii for a number of weeks, that doesn't mean I'll sell it.

You do realize I even added lol at the end because the entire statement was sarcastic, on every obvious level which you all pointed out.

squideth 18

You do realize that it was extremely NOT obvious that you were being "sarcastic" and that adding "lol" to the end of things means pretty much nothing

Well I feel sorry for people who do not assume people are sarcastic, first, when dealing with anything on FML. Because everybody knows, stealing and selling other people's things is just A-ok (sarcasm). And everybody knows that hardcore gamers like to joke about not having a life (sarcasm). So everybody should know I was serious because I didn't give a guide of obvious points about the subject and the English language.Lol pretty much says this is not to be taken seriously. Feel sorry for you guys.

now I feel like I'm the only one who thought the sarcasm was very in-your-face...