By FUSMC - 12/08/2009 06:01 - United States

Today, I came home on leave from a 7 month deployment to Iraq. I wanted to see my girlfriend today, but she needed to spend time with her sick grandmother. As it turns out, her sick grandmother and my cousin are the same person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 640
You deserved it 3 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow sucks to be you.... what a mean person. both your gf and your cousin.

ohheykiwi 2

People, she told him she had to spend time with her grandmother, but it was actually his cousin. She was cheating on him with his cousin! FYL, OP. This truly sucks.

Comments

His girlfriend said that she needed to spend time with her sick grandmother, in order to have an excuse for cheating on him with his male cousin. That means the girlfriend lied, and cheated on the millitary guy. There is no incest involved at all. Get it?

Xcelios 0

And where in the FML do you see that the OP's cousin is male? No where in the FML does it state specifically that his cousin is male. Both his GIRLfriend and her grandMOTHER are FEMALE. Just because you want to spend time with a close relative, does not mean that they are cheating with their significant other. The OP is trying to say that he just discovered that they are RELATED, thus resulting in incest...

lmmmr 0

I didn't interpret that, but you make a good point. I just assumed she lied to hang out with someone else, no cheating involved. This FML is far too vague. What is going on here?

CountDuk 5

welcome back. I appreciate you so much. thanks for serving our country!

DEVASTATOR 12

I agree especially since it was your cousin your gf cheated on you with, FYL

I feel like this isn't true, but that's just me. Apart from being truly difficult to understand, I still feel like you meant that you two were related, and you were like 20years older than her. But, if you're being cheated on, can you be surprised? You were gone 8 months... People need to have SOME sort of physical contact. I'd establish the relationship ground prior to leaving for so long. If they cheated, I wouldn't be surprised. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm very tired, but can't sleep. Yay G1 app.

If you're away for 7 months I don't think anyone can really be too upset if their partner doesn't wait for them.

KacieEron 0

ok just because you are gone for 7 months does NOT give your partner any reason to cheat! its one thing if they want to breakup but cheating under any circumstances is Wrong!

Really? Because I thought killing under any circumstance was wrong... But yeah OK, cheating is WAY worse, you're right(Not really. You're an idiot.).

Mobius8, I'm disappointed in your argument here. Where did she imply that she thought killing was worse than cheating? Where did she imply that she thought killing was wrong under any circumstances? You're counter arguing a point that she didn't even make or imply. All she said was being away for 7 months is not an acceptable reason to cheat (or at least that's what she tried to say). What's "acceptable" is of course debatable, but she's not necessarily an idiot for saying that.

No, friend. She was cheating on him with his own cousin, but lied to him, saying that she was visiting her grandmother.

It's implied by the fact that the only thing in this FML she found completely unacceptable and comment worthy was the fact he cheated, not the fact he willingly participated in a war. Pretty sure not many people would remain completely faithful to a partner who decided to go off traveling for 7 months and have limited contact. A lot of people can't even remain faithful if their partners are away for one term at college and calling them most nights. Should she have sent him a break up letter while he was deployed in Iraq, stating she was now seeing his cousin or been faithful to a guy who decided to up and leave for 7 months for no good reason and who she obviously(due to her unfaithfulness) no longer had strong feelings for? And she didn't say there was no acceptable reason to cheat. She said there was no reason. I'm pretty sure the fact she was lonely and wanted some action is a reason, regardless of whether some retard in the comments section thinks it's acceptable or not.

"Pretty sure not many people would remain completely faithful to a partner who decided to go off traveling for 7 months and have limited contact." And what evidence do you have of that? I sense some major projection going on here buddy. Just because you would be an asshole and cheat doesn't mean other people would. I have about 7 friends in the military, and all of them have gfs/wives and none of them has cheated. So you can kindly go STFU Not only that, but "I thought killing under any circumstance was wrong" is another opinion that you have. Do other people have that opinion? Yes. But my point is that if you want to sound semi-intelligent, you need to use more than opinions to state your case. This guy didn't deserve to be cheated on, and the girl had NO REASON WHATSOEVER to cheat on him. If she really was "was lonely and wanted some action" then she should have broken up with him. There is never any excuse for cheating. NEVER. @OP: this really sucks. I'm sorry, I hope she gets some hardcore STD's from your cousin.

mobius, not everyone who signed up for the military signed up to go to war.. some did it to escape, some did it to feel like they've accomplished more than their fathers, some did it for money to go to college. every soldier has his reasons for being in the army, and it's highly ignorant for you to generalize and say they WILLINGLY participated in war. very few people want to go over there. very few. they're over there because they are doing the job that they entered into for various reasons.

and genius_man, i think i love you. in a friendly FML kinda way.

Um, genius man... I like how you call out mobius on stating his opinion on killing, then state your opinion on cheating as if it were fact. LOL HYPOCRISY And anyone who signed up for the military KNEW they might have to serve in the ridiculous war overseas, so yes, they are willingly participating in war, despite the original reason they decided to sign up.

I'm assuming she cheated on you with your cousin. You didn't specify what happened. inb4 stupid ass military "discussion"

yeah yeah whatever, almost same FML from 2 days ago... go debate about how rightfull it is to do war and kill ppl ...

Have you been to ****** war? Seriously have you been there? Go to hell you little ******! All you stupid liberals always talk about how coalition forces are doing horrible things there, and how badly the Iraqi people are suffering, have you been there? Cause if you haven't then STFU!!! You people are the ones that need to be shot! Yeah war is horrible, no duh! But some people have to fight it, and little ******* like you obviously don't have enough balls to fight, jeez I swear to god if I meet you in real life I'm gonna put a bullet in your head! You people make me sick! Freakin Iraqi police officers have their kids kidnapped by the Taliban and the Taliban tortures those children and it has been known for the Taliban to strap bombs to those kids chests, drop the kids off in a populated place, then the Taliban would get a safe distance away and blow the kid up. And the sick thing is that it's common for that to happen. And you make our troops look like WE'RE the murderers, and how because we make a couple Iraqi prisoners pose naked we are evil. Freaking A man that's more like pledging for a fraternity in the UCLA. While the Taliban tortures and murders innocent civilians, you call us the bad guys! If you love the the Taliban so much, how about you go join them, and when your looking down the barrel of an M16A2, you tell me whose side your on.

Really? You want to kill someone for voicing their opinion? Really? I hope to god YOU aren't part of our military because if you are, you're a terrible, terrible example, and really just support the opinion of those who are anti-military. Here are some points for you: 1. Just because we don't agree with our military's presence in this pointless war doesn't mean "don't have enough balls to fight." It means we'd rather not murder people for a sense of "accomplishment" or whatever the **** it is you get out of this. 2. No, "some people" DON'T have to fight the war because there shouldn't have been a war in the first place. Just because our country declares war doesn't mean it's justified. 3. Just because the Taliban may be "worse" than we are doesn't mean we haven't conducted ourselves in an embarrassingly bad way. That's like saying abolishing free speech in the US wouldn't be so bad because HEY AT LEAST WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS NORTH KOREA. It's a ridiculous argument.