By Abu - 25/12/2016 10:05

Today I broke my glasses beyond repair. I am very nearly legally blind. I get my glasses at Walmart and today, Christmas, is the only day out of the entire year that they are closed. Merry Christmas to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 560
You deserved it 1 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how did you write this fml with no spelling mistakes?

I see you've made a SPECTACLE of yourself:). It's okay, I'm sure one of your relatives would by happy take you

Comments

As someone who works at Walmart, all I can say is get ******, you can deal with being blind for one day so that my coworkers can actually spend time with our families this holiday season. A lot of us had to spend Thanksgiving at work.

As much as I have sympathy to the people who work at Wal-Mart, being a dick doesn't really do much for your cause. Especially to OP who is already pissed.

As a person who is as blind as OP without corrective lenses, you can be a tad less of a dick. Even going one day without them is a HUGE inconvenience due to not being able to make out your surroundings.

I don't think OP meant this FML as "How dare Walmart ever be closed?!?", but rather as "Of all the days to break my glasses, why did it have to be the only day Walmart is closed?" But yes, don't be a dick.

As someone who is also blind as a bat without her glasses and therefore understands both sides of the situation, I still stand that while I could have worded it more politely, I'm not being a dick about feeling like OP was saying "Weh, why is Walmart closed? They should be open for ME!"

Redgy22 26

Agreed. As an optician at Wal-Mart who is also seriously near sighted, you should ALWAYS have a second pair even if they're old ones. Plus, unless your store has a lab, it's gonna take a few days to get new glasses. Sorry, but ydi

species4872 19

Ha ha ha, Are you so tactful with your customers as well? And I don't think you're a dick just pissed off. And that's what happens in customer service industries, you work when they tell you to. Don't like it, leave and go do something else.

Man, you make it sound so easy to get a new job.

cheesy_wotsit 20

2 thoughts: 1. Spare pairs. 2. Yet, you can see enough to comment on FML (or talk-to-text works well for you).

Avashantu 18

You can put the phone closer to your face. I'm legally blind & can still see to type when the phone is close to my face. Lol.

Being near legally blind myself I have contacts and glasses so I'm not screwed if something happens to one. Also mine have to be specially made since Walmart lens don't even go to my prescription and I definitely wouldn't be able to get glasses day of. They take at least a week to be made.

Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on walmart's part. That's why you should have a back up pair of glasses.

That's why I switched to contacts I kept breaking my glasses. Sorry OP I know your pain