By phonesmuggler - 18/04/2013 19:30 - United States

Today, I briefly left my laptop while I went to use the toilet. When I came back, I found "I" had posted on Facebook, calling my mom a "stupid cunt who should just stay in the kitchen." The only other person home at the time was my grandpa. She didn't believe it, and permanently grounded me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 874
You deserved it 5 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was wondering when we would see a grandpop.. So many grandma FML's..

Comments

Oh grandpa... *slaps knee* You silly man.

That's what you get for wearing his clothes.

Can't stop laughing over the fact that "I" posted that. What a dick!!

rg350dx 29

This is why I don't participate in this Facebook nonsense.

You don't like people invading your privacy? Wtf Is your problem...

16- You don't use Facebook because you're afraid you'll leave your computer unlocked and your grandfather will post stuff under your name while you're ********? Great foresight there. Question is: why do you use a computer at all, since people can do other things with it when it's unlocked and unattended?

rg350dx 29

I should go to a therapist immediately. I clearly see your point. Also, I have horrible, conniving family members who enjoy nothing more than to torment one another through any medium possible.

rg350dx 29

Good point #19. However I have devised a plan for my technology paranoia. Every time I use an electronic device I immediately destroy it upon completion of its use. Needless to say, I have quite the electronics bill. I've been through 2 computers soon to be 3 on just this FML alone.

19, social networks are mostly consist of crap, stalkers, marketers, self-obsessed and delusional people, and time wasters. In most cases participating isn't worth the security risk - there are no benefits.

Could say the same thing for most of the internet, FML included. Oh wait, it's EvilUndead. Couldn't resist a chance to play the contrarian and troll for a debate, as per usual. Forget I acknowledged your existence.

BellaBelle_fml 23

28 - I find it rather humorous that you are using the FML website, which can be classified as a social network, to state your negative opinions of social networks on. The FML site consists of every single one of the things you have listed as being reasons why you think social networks aren't worth the security risks. I know you did say 'most', but I still found it rather amusing.

Michael_92 20

I find it quite funny that most of you people that say security and privacy issues have no idea about CISPA and what that means for the internet.

You can actually get turned down for jobs for not having facebook. They Google your name, don't find an account, figure you must have something to hide and are untrustworthy and maybe worse. It's easier to just get a facebook account. I know loads of people with facebook that don't do the whole posting all the time/facebook games/pictures/liking stupid pages things, they just use it to message friends, organise events, keep up to date with people. It's really not that terrible.

#31, "Could say the same thing for most of the internet". Yes it applies to the rest of the internet as well. Few years ago (7..10), when internet was less popular, there were smart people and you could learn something from them. Now it is mostly stupid teenagers and sea of crap. "Forget I acknowledged" You can't be silent when you have nothing to say, can't you. #33, "Social networks" has "real name" policy. Which isn't present on FML. #60, "You can actually get turned down for jobs for not having facebook." That's american problem. If you run into this problem, try getting a job in organization that actually needs people or start your own business.

70 I'm from England, it happens here too. A lot of companies do that nowadays, including ones that 'actually need people'. Starting your own business is not very wise if you don't have some experience, and possibly contacts, and most people don't have the money to just start one. A lot of people dont even want to own there own business or it doesn't make sense for their career. Imo, it would be a lot easier to just make a Facebook account. I don't even think that companies looking at your Facebook is that bad a thing - it's up to you what you put up and make private so if it affects you badly that's your fault. If my uni looked at people's Facebook before offering places I'd have to work with a lot fewer morons.

And the trolling grandpa finally emerges!

Haha! Kind of a dick move, but it's pretty funny from the outside looking in. Your mom's totally not going to forget this either, so that sucks.

Brenna19 5

Should've logged out of Facebook

How many likes did you get? Your punishment could have been worse!