By Anonymous - 10/05/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I bought my mom a gift certificate for a spa treatment for two so we could spend some quality time together. She took my sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 455
You deserved it 3 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. Next time she gets you something, use it with your dad then!

Why didn't you just take your mom to the spa? Giving her a gift certificate for two practically begs her to take someone else.

Comments

NisPe_BITCH 0

Your mom's a bitch and you're a good daughter.

This sounds mean... but maybe she thought your sister needed it more? If it's a beauty spa.. you know.. maybe your mom thinks your sister needs some help in that department? Or maybe your sister's just been under stress lately... You never know :) I hope you work it out; that was a wonderful gift and you sound like a great daughter!

Maybe she's trying to tell you something... Next mothers day give her a strongly worded letter or draw a moustache on a photo of her. That'll show her! Or you could do something a 5 year old wouldn't think of.

16: how would u feel if that happened to u? 2: good idea lolz OP: that sux-just don't get her nething next yr, and when she asks why b like "well I would, but I'd prbly think it wuz from my sister"

why didnt you get 3 then for all of you?

She probably wanted to spend some quality time alone with her mother, not with her sister tagging along. If that's the way OP's mother treats her, her sister probably takes up all of their mothers' time and her mother ignores OP.

Why do you bother with her anyway? Spend more time with your friends

Next Mother's Day (or your mother's birthday, whichever you choose) get a really nice personal gift (i.e. nice outfit, computer, etc) for yourself. EXAMPLE: If you and your mother have very different sizes in clothes, get a really nice outfit in YOUR SIZE, gift wrap it, give it to her and when she realizes it won't fit her, take it back and say "Tough shit." EXAMPLE 2: Get an iPod with "Property of (insert your name here)" engraved on the back. If you get the iPod online, the engraving is free.

gangsterbert 0

my question is what did your sister get her to make her take her instead???!!!

jamblasticus 0

DId you tell her that you wanted to go with her? If you simply gave her the gift certificates without specifying that you wanted to spend time with her, then her taking your sister isn't wrong. Either your mom is a bitch, or you are just bitching.

Sweet2020 4

You don't give gifts for two. That entitles the receiver to do whatever they want to with the item for the 2nd person. That is your fault and you totally deserve it. If you want to do something with someone, you tell them "I'm taking you to XYZ, for your birthday." No confusion possible and if they don't want to hang with you, that gives them a chance to tell you before you waste your time.