By Jason - 14/02/2018 15:00

Today, I bought my crush a bouquet of roses plus one fake. The line was going to be, "I'll stop loving you when the last rose dies." I told my best friend and he thought it was such an amazing idea that he stole the fake rose and gave it to her himself. Guess who got the girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 230
You deserved it 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zachary8261 28

Break it off with your ass of a “best friend.”

I mean, the fake Rose was never alive, so is as incapable of death as it is of being alive.

Comments

You should have waited to tell your friend until after you gave her the roses. And this is not the sort of thing you do when you have a crush on someone but when you are already in a relationship with someone.

I agree it's a bit much for a crush. But most people don't expect their best friend to stab them in the back like that, so he likely thought it was harmless to his best friend.

Lobby_Bee 17

You sir, are friends with a piece of shit.

Tony K. 8

What kind of "best friend" is that. I'd punch him in the ******* throat.

lukesick1 12

This is when you snitch and if that don't work make sure to manipulate him somehow that'll come back to haunt him. He cheated the game now you can change the rules.

Jacob. No, Edward! Wait, I think I was right the first time! Sorry, but the whole Twilight thing kinda passed me by.

While he was a giant douche for doing that he did not get her because of the stolen rose or the cheesy line. In order for any romantic move to work the other person has to like you/be attracted to you. So chances are it would not work if you did it (still shitty that you chance was taken away like that). And telling someone that is just your crush you love them is clingy/creepy. I'd avoid doing that.

tounces7 27

Why do so many people here have such horrible "Best friends"? Like has the bar lowered for that job or what?

Mungolikecandy 19

The guy who is not actually your best friend but a backstabber?