By trick or not treat - 31/10/2009 22:26 - France

Today, I bought fifteen bags of candy for the trick-or-treaters. I sat outside with a bowl of candy the whole night. Only one person came. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 375
You deserved it 7 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, so sad That sucks we did the same thing LOL more candy for you!

Why didn't you stay inside your home? But, that does suck. And it was probably cold out.

Comments

15 bags of candy? we get 2 bags and still end up with extras, and we get quite a few people.

From what I understand, France is nothing like the US with Halloween & trick or treating - thats probably why this experience occured

I live in the UK, we had 3 small groups of kids. It was really popular this year, it was like being in the US.

You deserved it for not just turning off your lights and pretending you're not home.

lolzforfun228 3

That would increase the chance of trick-or-treaters choosing "trick" if they wanted to do that. Of course, that's not very many people these days... And this isn't that bad, OP, now you've got a bunch of candy for youself! :)

noshitsherlock 0

awwww that really sucks. Your heart's in the right place. Maybe you could return most of it and keep some around to snack on.

liveBabylon 0

It's cuz your a day early..It's tonight :)

So what? I haven't had a single ToT in nearly ten years and I leave my lights on. But then again I'm a scary old guy, who lives way back in the woods and likes to clean his shotgun on the front porch so the parents warn their kids to stay away from me.

lol, I wonder then why you don't get many ToTers...

Maybe you just don't live in an area with a lot of kids, or you live in an isolated spot? Either way, this means that you now have more than 14 bags of candy for yourself, so this is not that big of an FML.

omg this is happening to me right now..but the sad part is I told the kids to come and get candy..ahaha this is wht u do..watch movies and eat them all..and then go running later

If you live in France, of course no one trick or treated. Who the hell waits for kids here for Halloween anyways??? It's not our tradition. ONCE in my life some kids have coàme to my house on a Halloween night. They were my neighbour's children.