By Noname - 11/03/2009 00:10 - United States

Today, I bought a parakeet for my kids. When I got home and presented it to them, they wanted to let him fly around inside. We went around the house making sure all the windows and doors were shut. Unfortunately I forgot to turn off the ceiling fan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 325
You deserved it 63 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No freaking way... Let me guess what's for dinner. :)

Today, I just gotten from a pet shop to my new owner's house. They decided that I should be let flying around the house. They forgot to turn off the ceiling fan. FML

Comments

#5 WTF??? You don't clip parakeets' wings for no reason! They are BIRDS and need to fly... You definitely don't let them fly around the house until you trained them to trust you and sit on your finger and such...BUT They are not stupid, they don't randomly crash into walls...windows without curtains - yes but only because they think there's no window there... --> put curtains on the windows... I've had parakeets all my life, all of them were allowed to fly around the house to their liking as long as someone was home...I had 4 total, now I have 1 left...the others died of old age pretty much...the one that is still left is now 12 years old...and that is pretty old for a parakeet...

Birds don’t need to fly. They can manage just fine without being able to fly. They’re in captivity for crying out loud, they don’t need to fly away from predators or hunt food. While it is possible to allow your bird to fly around the house (as long as they are comfortable and it is safe), OP is a new owner and should’ve done intense research before killing an innocent animal.

blob 8

Clipping a birds wings is actually a smart choice when you first get them because it can make training easier and go faster

on the bright side, it's a story your kids will never forget...

#15, uhhh, you can have implants, go to school, and have kids. o_o Ten bucks says the majority of Californians do it. XD

its probably for the better, most birds are smart and dont run into objects that they can see if your parakeet couldn't see a ceiling fan, it was for the better or this could be another one of your many lies

Or, the poor bird was scared. A new environment and new people tend to have that effect.

Birds can get scared very easily. Since they’re small and vulnerable, they developed that in the wild to keep them safe. Birds never evolved to live inside. Hell, even wild birds crash into windows because they can’t tell it’s glass.

#16, noname is what it puts when the person doesn't enter a name.

#19 - actually you don't, you just enter your name/details and post one #15 - noname is indeed just what it comes up with when people don't put their name and if you HAVE to put a name i'm guessing people that don't want to just write "noname". #10 - you're out of your mind. why would anyone mourn a parakeet?

EPIC FAIL. I read this and I went, "Holy shit, no way!" And my mom gave me a funny look. But anywhoo. That sucks. It was fun while it lasted. Oh, # 7 - HAHA! That's funny.