By Anonymous - 27/09/2010 15:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I bought a new Ipod to replace my old one which decided to stop working. After purchasing my new nano Ipod, I decided to bang my old Ipod on the desk very hard because it was useless. It started working again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 204
You deserved it 9 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bang your head. Maybe you'll have the same result

Just return the new one. It isn't rocket science now is it?

Comments

You should've tried that before you bought a new one. Everyone knows hitting technology makes it work :P On a more serious note, you can either take the new one back (they might allow returns within a few days), or sell it, or keep it for when your old one properly breaks. Or use the new one and keep the old one as a spare, or give the old one to a charity shop, etc.

doink 0

Threatening works wonders, too.

Mragland828 0

True. "Just give it a little tap tap...tap tap tapp-uh-roo". lol. (happy Gilmore for those that don't get that).

scvcwcheer 0

12, you always have a lot of words to say huh?

natilie69 0

Scvcwcheer, I'm a real version of Little-Miss-Chatterbox. Natalie, you've already made it clear you don't like me, I think it happened around the time I asked you what you meant due to a badly worded comment. However, if you don't like me so much, don't read my comments.

Normally, violence isn't a solution. Apparently this is an exception.

this is an example of why we keep receipts..

saragr94 2

haha yeah that has happened to me before. sell one of them

#63 No, I'm really not jealous. I'm aware that #18 is attractive, but I find it creepy when guys blatantly hit on girls via the internet.

mexicutioner123 0

I prefer 37 over 18 but let's all serious... I'm the REAL attractive person here

No, no, no. Don't turn me into "the bad guy" by saying that. >.

Mervin22 6

just calling them as I see them

RedPillSucks 31

Today, I found out I had enough money to buy two iPods. FML. Perhaps you could sell one of the iPods and donate the money to a charity.

Refund it if you can. If not give it to a friend. Maybe that new iPod wasn't meant for you.

sourgirl101 28

I love my iPods (for what it does) but the product itself, is a piece of garbage. Don't worry, it will stop working again soon enough. I've gone through 4. None of them lasted over a year. Look on the bright side now you can keep one at the office.

Schizomaniac 24

Irresponsible iPod owner irresponsible iPod owner!

mona_is_here 10

My iPod nano which I bought 5 years ago, is still alive! I gave it to my friend who isn't very rich and it works perfectly.

sourgirl101 28

I'll admit it. I'm pretty rough on my iPods. I do listen to ALOT of music (non-stop). My poor iPods probably didn't really have a chance. But I sure there are many people that had they iPod die within a year. That's how the company makes their $$$. Same thing with cell phones not lasting long either.

boatkicker 4

iPod classics break pretty easily, but I don't know anyone other than myself who ever broken a nano. Shuffles break fairly easily too, I'm told, and iPhones are wicked fragile. I don't know anyone who owns a Touch though so I can't say anything about those. So far as I'm aware, the only way to really kill a nano is to melt it. Mine old one had fallen off third story rooftops, been run over, been left out in the rain for two days (I will never let my sister borrow my ipod again!), been through the wash several times, and was in use for about 3 hours a day, and was just fine. I had it for three and a half years, before its death by melting. It was hidden in the pocket of a pair of jeans, which went through the wash and drier. The drier was apparently broken, got too hot, melted the top of my ipod, and burned some of my clothes as well.

r6_fml 4

#28, "isn't very rich"? you do know you don't have to be rich to buy an iPod, right?

mona_is_here 10

77, yes. 64, in Russia where I live, iPods cost $300 and higher. My /not-very-rich/ friend lives in Armenia, I come there every summer and am shocked by the country's economical state. iPods cost the same as in Russia but consider the fact that $300 is a month salary of 90% of population there. There's no middle class in Armenia, you're either very rich or very poor. Unfortunately.

datkid117 13

A year? Jeez what do you do to them? I still have my first gen. iPod Touch and I got it when it first came out! But its all worn and torn now so I'll be getting that new one next week when I get paid. =]

nuklear7 0

how does that suck? now you have two when most have none. ....? i'm lost now.