By unicorn_skies - 18/01/2014 08:33 - United States - Yorba Linda

Today, I bought a new, expensive dress for a date. I left the tag on and hidden in hopes of returning it later. Someone saw it and ripped it off for me to "save me from embarrassment." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 594
You deserved it 57 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, that's not the other person's fault and really, if you were intending to return it, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I think your saviour did a poor job of keeping you from being embarrassed.

Comments

I feel like this happened in a movie once

I was trying so hard to remember, it happened in desperate housewives when Lynette bought the expensive suit and her boss ripped it off to be a bitch. I love that show x.x

I know this happened in Ugly Betty; Betty and Amanda bought a really expensive designer brand dress and then lost the receipt.

It happened on an episode of Desperate Housewives.

Well now you have a beautiful dress to wear :D

That's what you get. It's such a douche move to buy clothes that you have no intention of keeping, then wear them once and return them just to save a buck. These same people probably bitch about clothes being too expensive. Well maybe they wouldn't have to charge so much if people like you weren't making it just that much harder for them to actually make money off their products.

You're acting like everybody does this with their clothes they wear everyday. Most people only do this for really nice and expensive clothes.

Or possibly we should reject purchasing clothing that is made in sweatshops and start making companies pay their employees a better wage or even better stop off shoring labour to developing countries to increase their already large profits.

frizz101 22

If you can't afford expensive clothes, you shouldn't buy them.

graceinsheepwear 33

20, MOST people wouldn't dream of wearing clothing out to an event and then returning it as new. I don't care if it is spun of gold. You wear it, you own it.

Why would you do that? You deserve it. Stop being cheap.

Exactly! Spend within your means op. You shouldn't buy something that you can't afford. I understand you wanting to look nice but you should have bought a dress that was less expensive.

Shrouds 14

Tape the tag on the inside next time.

They had no right to touch your dress, if they wanted to save you the embarrassment, they could've just told you. I'm sure you can still return it, right? Just make up a good excuse!

They had more of a right to touch her dress than she did to buy a dress with the intentions of returning it.

One wrong is still wrong and unacceptable, 159.

173, I know. I'm saying they're both wrong. Hence the "two wrongs" part of "two wrongs don't make a right".

olpally 32

I hate people like you. Don't buy it with the intentions of doing that.

That realllllly sucks but their heart was in the right place. Hope the date went OK

YDI .... anyone willing to do something that low has some issues to work out. There is no need to spend a ton of money so don't use that excuse either... time to grow up!!!