By brokeasscollegelife - 20/11/2015 21:25 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, I biked to the store to buy a new lock, since biking is my only form of transportation. I left my bike unattended for the last time, only to come back with a new chain, but no bike. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 652
You deserved it 3 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks OP. Hopefully the place had cameras so the police can track down whoever stole it.

WordBea 23

I guess you can say it's a vicious cycle

Comments

mds9986 24

Why didn't you just roll the bike into the store with you?

Because that makes waayyy too much sense! And the thrill of running into the store, getting what you need(just so happened to be a new lock), and getting back to bike as fast as possible would be gone

Perhaps, and this is just a small possibility, the store wouldn't allow it. I know that all of the stores in and and around my neighborhood have rules against bringing your bikes and such inside the store. They have to be left outside in the appropriate area.

That's a good way to get kicked out of the store, most likely.

Most stores would have such a policy, but if he bought the lock in a bike store, they usually don't mind bikes inside of the store.

mds9986 24

Then he gets kicked out. It's not like he will get in serious trouble. That chance really doesn't justify leaving it outside. Perhaps if he was stopped he could just explain.

I'm a small town farm boy, so this makes no sense. Why steal a bike? What's the purpose?

mds9986 24

Bikes are expensive. So they steal it to either sell it or keep it and use it.

Maybe they stole it to eat it. Don't judge them.

So you can get one without paying for it, the same reason you steal anything.

You have to steal a bicycle to beat the level 12 boss; otherwise, it's a huge pain in the ass.

I didn't realize bikes could be expensive. Around here you can get one for about $50.

Theses two FML's in a row are very similar

Why wouldn't you just take the bike inside with you?

I already said this once but I will repeat it for you. It's possible that the store wouldn't allow it. I know that all of the stores in and around my neighborhood have very firm rules that state you may not bring your bikes or the like beyond the main doors. They have to be left outside in the appropriate area or they will be removed.

Depending on the store they may allow you to bring it in with you can hold it behind cash wrap...