By bastards - 05/06/2014 20:05 - Netherlands - Den Haag

Today, I babysat the brattiest and most foul-mouthed 8-year-old I've ever met. After I survived three hours of it, his parents finally came home. He claimed I'd invited a boy over and that we did "stuff" on the couch all evening. They believed him. I didn't get paid, to say the least. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 047
You deserved it 4 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Since you aren't getting paid I would tell the parents how he acted and tell them how much of a brat he is. You might as well enjoy something from this.

He acts like a brat since parents always take his side. My advice never baby sit for them again and spread the word around so they can't get another sitter.

Comments

I heard some parents tell their kids to say stuff like that just to get free babysitting.

jrgl 1

I have never babysat before. But that was the first thing I thought when I read this post lol... Sounds like the parents talked to their kid beforehand and set the whole thing up for free babysitting..

That's why I only babysit for people I know and trust (not saying OP didn't)

ErnieSlim 8

That was my first thought as well.

That is GENIUS! I wish I had thought of that! *adds "free babysitting" to Bastard Journal*

Dutch people are known for being cheap, and most are proud of it too.

it happens to me I don't babysit anymore

Siettadulce 21

Well on the bright side, you don't have to babysit this kid again? Although sorry you didn't get paid.

This needs a follow-up. "To say the least" --what else happened?

lil_miss_simran 15

I've seen so many parents that only listen to what thier "little angel" says. ignoring other adults, teachers, cops etc.... Idiots.

VengeanceChicken 12

What's with all the evil little children on FML?!

pwnman 33

You expect an FML like - "Today, my respectful nephew and I had a good day. First, we bought ice cream and watched movies together! FML"?

Sathane 21

The parents took the side of their kid instead of the person they entrusted with his care? Why did they bother getting a babysitter in the first place? What they did was theft. They stole your services. Call the police and if they want to push the issue drag their asses to court for your fees, the court fees, and add something extra for your emotional distress over the accusations.

and over here ladies and gentlemen we see a typical American.

And over here, ladies and gentlemen we see a fine example of jumping to conclusions and generalizing. A quick trip to their profile shows they are Canadian. Nice try though, better luck next time.

Fuckshitshitshit - Your username is strangely appropriate considering your asinine comment. Next time you decide to insult 330 million people, I'd suggest doing a little fact checking first.

It's the Netherlands good luck suing for the babysitting fees and especially the "emotional distress"

Maybe she could do that, but for three hours of her life, I really don't think it would be worth it to waste countless more hours on these ass holes, especially when there's no guarantee she'd win the case. She'd probably be better off just cutting her losses... and egging their house.

skittyskatbrat 19

Worth doing if she can find other sitters that the parents stiffed. But yes, it IS theft of services. And her parents (or her, depending on age) need to start making plenty of noise about the money issue, too. It's not a lot to an adult but to a teen? Esp one that worked hard in a bad situation? She should get the money. The kid was alive, healthy, and home and the home was undamaged, so they need to shut up and pay up.

I've seen parents do this, always stick up for their kids no matter what. It really just makes the kids grow up with a big ego and doesn't do them any good

tweetypie 18

What would even possess him to lie on you like that? Freakin' Dennis the menace.

Well there has to be proof that you didn't...especially why would you babysit if you wanted to do that...

You would be amazed what some do while babysitting. Like give the kid sleeping meds so they don't have to watch them.

Babysitting gets you out of your house with no adult supervision. Of course it gets abused!